CHAPTER 55

Jasmine's POV 

Blinking my eyes open to the sunlight, I stretch with a loud yawn before realizing something is holding me back.

Slowly, I look down, still lying on the bed, to see an arm snaked around my waist.

I almost let out a scream as I jerk upright in fright only for me to see a man right next to me, deeply asleep.

It is no other man than Xavier.

A loud gasp leaves my mouth and then a banging headache follows.

What the hell happened? Did he sleep here all night? Did I do anything funny?

The headache is enough evidence that I must have had a lot of alcohol last night at the club. I wonder why I even allowed Barbie to convince me or why I had to convince Xavier to follow us so he could let me go. If I hadn't done that, he would have stood his ground and said no.

Finally, I drop my hands staring at the handsome man sleeping next to me. I can't remember waking up next to him since we got married. I can count the number of times we slept on the same bed. 

Most times, whenever I woke up, he was always out or sitting next to me watching or even typing away on his laptop.

It occurs to me now that I don't even know what exactly he does apart from being a Mafia Lord. 

Is that enough work?

Something beeps and before I can continue with my wild guesses and imaginations, my eyes fly to the drawer beside the bed where the lamp is. 

It is a phone.

My stomach sparks up in excitement at the sight of the phone and a huge opportunity to steal Mr Moore's number from him.

Praying silently for him not to wake up and for the phone not to beep or ring out, I slip away from the blanket, stepping on tiptoe till I get to the other side of the drawer.

Watching his sleepy face, I bend down slightly to pick up the phone without a noise and my phone too. As soon as that was done, a grin spread across my face.

Quickly, I turn back just in time for me to hear a sound. When I look back, he is still sleeping so I hasten up to the bathroom swiping the phone open to find the number.

Fortunately, his phone isn't locked.

Who dares toy with the phone of a Mafia Lord? I think inwardly, grinning widely at the dangerous game I am playing.

If I am caught, I am a dead meat. Xavier and I might go back to the way we used to be; always bickering words, angry and cursing at each other. At the moment, I know we have gone past that stage and I really like what we have but being caught will take us right back into that phase.

I tap on contact and search for the name "Mr Moore"

There is nothing like Mr. Moore.

Instead, four different name suggestions popped down.

The first is just Moore 

The second is Christine Moore 

The third is Vanessa Moore and the last is Andre Moore.

I need no soothsayer to tell me this is what I am looking for. Since Andre is here too, then it means Christine is her father's name while Vanessa is her mother's.

Without hesitation, I typed in the first Moore and saved it on my phone as Moore. I don't know if this is his number but I need to keep it just in case. Then I moved to the next one, Christine Moore and saved it as that before skipping the third one and jumping straight to Andre's.

I really do not see the need for this but I guess I should keep it just in case too.

I'm damn sure Andre doesn't use this number again, not when she is on the run.

Before I can think of dialing Christine's number, I hear a sound from outside the door and the bathroom door is thrown open.

I hide the two phones behind me as he comes in, letting out a yawn. When he looks up, he sees me and I flash him a cute smile.

"What are you doing here?" he asks with a gruff voice that sounds sexy.

I didn't think of what to say if I were caught in the bathroom so I blurt out the first thing that comes to my head. "I came to urinate."

He nods, not convinced as he continues to stare at me.

Thinking of how to move past him, I bow my head and shove his phone still in my left hand inside my robe before moving towards the exit.

Just before I can go out, he calls me back. "Andre?"

"Yes?" I answer way too sharply. I know I am acting suspicious and sounding suspicious too but I hope he will never get to know what I just did.

I can't risk it.

He does not say anything but continues to watch me with a curious filled expression.

"You called me?" I mutter, realizing it was Andre he called, not me. I can't believe I am answering a loud yes to that silly name when I am still claiming not to be her.

Isn't it high time I tell him to start calling me my real name? Will he agree to call me Jasmine when he is not fully convinced that I am not her?

"What's in your hand?" he questions, folding his arms, his gaze shifting to my hand.

I look down and shut my eyes, cursing beneath my breath.

He caught me.

What should I do?

I look back up only to realize he is staring at my fisted hand, not the one inside my robe.

With a satisfied smile, I answer by raising my right hand. "It's my phone. Can I go now?"

He looks convinced but still curious as he opens his mouth once again. 

"We are going back home today. Elaine has your things packed already", he informs me and I nod, desperate to go out. I am not surprised that he is just informing me now.

This is one thing I already know about Xavier. He is unpredictable. Even when we came here, I was informed that same evening and now the same thing is happening.

"You don't remember?" he asks out of the blues, just when I am about to go out again.

Confusion clouds my mind alongside anxiety.

Is he still talking about the phone?

"What do you mean?" my brows are raised in confusion as I demand from him.

"You don't remember what happened last night?" he questions again, his eyes glistening with amusement, making relief and fear jump into my heart.

Relief that this isn't about the phone and fear because I can't remember anything and I really hope it's nothing serious.

Racking my brain and trying to remember, a chuckle leaves his mouth and I lift my head to meet his intense smiling face.

Did he just smile at me? What the hell!

If I am not in a confused mood right now, I might have jumped up for joy because of the smile on his face which makes him look even more sexy and handsome.

It reminds me of the picture frame of that little smiling boy and his mother.

"You don't remember dragging me into the bathroom at the club and kissing me?" he blurts out again, with a look of amusement.

It takes a while for it to process in my head and when it does, I almost let go of his phone in my left hand as my phone drops to the floor and I clasp my right hand over my mouth in utter disbelief.

****
☺️😂😂😂😂

Sorry for not updating yesterday. Bear with me. Meanwhile, air your views and don't forget to vote,❤️