CHAPTER 24

Jasmine's POV 

One thing is certain.

Xavier is avoiding me. Even though I haven't been able to figure out if he believes me or not, I am certain he is avoiding me.

I haven't seen him since he stalked out of the room this morning like that. I was scared he would never believe me. I might never be able to claim who I am.

Xavier might forever see me as Andre.

Isn't it high time I found Andre on my own? Should I seek Mr Moore's help?

I haven't seen him since the wedding but I am sure I could try. Vicenzo could have helped if he wasn't a monster. I wonder what Xavier must have done to him.

He still scares me. Just like how Xavier scares me but I feel much safer with Xavier.

Knowing that Vicenzo knows where I am now and who I am, Xavier's wife has made the thought of wanting to escape from this life so shallow.

If I leave this mansion, Vicenzo will get to me and my life will be over. Now I know Xavier is better than him. He is not as bad as Vicenzo who would do anything to harm me.

I haven't been myself all morning. My mind keeps drifting from Vicenzo to Xavier. My head keeps spinning with questions about what would happen to me if Vicenzo gets a hold of me once again.

What would have happened if Xavier hadn't appeared last night? Did Vicenzo drug me so he could take advantage of me?

Now, my past is haunting me. I am much more bothered about that than what would happen between Xavier and me. Our future isn't certain. What he is going to do to me which I should be worried about, Vicenzo has overshadowed that.

I feel traumatized by his appearance and I wish I never went to that party.

Despite the effective functioning of the Air Conditioner, I can feel beads of cold sweat dripping down my forehead as I keep tossing on the bed in my silk nightwear.

The clock tick and I stare up immediately to see it is 1 am already and Xavier isn't back.

I shouldn't be worried about him but I am. I don't know if this is usual since he is someone I can hardly predict but I can't help the feeling gnawing at my heart that something bad must have happened.

Did he go in search of Vicenzo and he is hurt somewhere? Is Vicenzo still out there?

After spending another fifteen minutes tossing and turning in bed without any sight of Xavier or any traces of getting any sleep, I rise abruptly and step down from the massive bed.

I tie the robe of my silk wear around my waist, wear my flip flop and move out of the room.

Surprisingly, there are no guards outside the door like I think there are. Xavier made me believe there were guards all around after he threw that harsh warning at me about not going out alone before leaving this morning.

Thankfully I don't have company, so I stroll around the quiet hallway down to the staircase. Just when I am about to get to the landing, my eyes fall on a small room downstairs.

I have never noticed the room before and it makes me curious about what the room is meant for.

I wanted to go to my former room when my eyes fell on it. My room is on the left side of the staircase but this room is on the right side as I stand on the last staircase staring at the room with full-grown curiosity.

How come I never noticed this room?

Instead of going to my former room as intended, I step down and find myself trudging towards the room.

I'm sure Xavier won't be back home for the night so I need to get my mind off my thoughts by keeping myself busy with something.

He is a billionaire. A wealthy man so this should be a usual thing for him. Maybe he went on a business trip. I shouldn't be worried about him. He is a full-grown man after all and I'm sure he can protect himself.

He has thousands of bodyguards so why should I be worried that something bad must have happened to him?

As I get to the door, I wave the thought away and turn the doorknob. It won't budge and I turn again as it creaks open.

I know it isn't locked since it is similar to my former room door. If it was locked, I would have known when I turned the doorknob.

I enter the room fully only to realize it is quite dusty and everywhere is covered with white clothing.

I lean by the door watching the whole room until my gaze falls on a guitar and beneath it are paints and brushes.

A gasp leaves my mouth as I leave the door open and rush in.

Does Xavier paint? I'm not really impressed about the guitar, which is the only thing that isn't covered in the room but I am really surprised about the paintings.

Without a care in the world, I drag out the first piece of clothing only to see a huge painting of a boathouse.

I let out a satisfying sigh as a smile touch my lips.

This is amazing.

Quickly, I run to the others, revealing all the beautiful artworks one after the other. They are all impressive but I love the boat house more.

I would love to have a house like that. With that serene and peaceful atmosphere. I would love to go on a boat trip with someone too and eat some seafood.

Ecstatic over my newfound hobby, I jump back to the guitar to grab the brushes and the paints. Getting a new board, I drag out an old chair and sit on it to do something creative.

As soon as I am seated, I realize it's been a while since I painted and I don't even know what to paint now. It takes a while before something pops into my head and I find myself drawing someone.

Apart from reading a book, painting is my next hobby and I feel overwhelmed as I continue painting with a small grin on my face.

Just before I can finish up, a noise reaches my ears. I jump up instantly and whirl around to see Xavier race in only to halt when he sees me standing with a brush in my hand.

His gaze shifts from the brush in my hand to the board which I quickly cover with my body by stepping sideways with my gaze down in embarrassment.

Reality dawns on me.

This place hasn't been used in a while and doing this means I have invaded his privacy. I didn't think about this before coming here to paint.

Besides, I thought he wasn't going to be back till dawn. I shouldn't have come here.

"What are you doing here?!" his cold voice breaks into my thoughts. 

I want to look up at him but I can't bring myself to do that. With my head hanging low, I remain quiet.

Suddenly, he begins to take long strides towards me. My head jerks upright immediately but he walks past me to the board.

My heart hammers wildly as he stares at the exact image of him on the board. The same expression, the same cold and dark eyes and the cheeky jawline.

Just like I predicted, he turns around slowly and our eyes meet. Then he exclaims loudly. "What the hell is this?!"

****

😂😂😂😂