Part 1

You were currently lying on your bed watching the latest drama on the television, It was quite popular but you were losing interest. You gave up on romance long ago and now your life consists of casual hookups and boring dates. You had to go pick up your friend's son from daycare as a favor. 

You dragged yourself out of your bed and put on your jeans, you couldn't care less about your white t-shirt stained with sauce, you grabbed your keys and bag and stepped out of your apartment. The lobby was littered with boxes, it seemed like someone was moving in the flat opposite to you. You could not see who the tenant was, hoping that they were just as kind as the old lady in 4304 and not like the family of four who kept inviting you to dinner every chance they got in 4305. You reached the parking lot to find moving trucks and a orange Maserati Levante, the owner nowhere to be seen 

'Damn, he must be loaded, maybe he bought the apartment.'  You walked past the car and got into your two-year-old SUV.

The apartment complex you lived in was quite new with few apartments still empty, it was only a matter of time before someone moved on your floor. You were glad now you wouldn't have to worry about the empty apartment next to you when you stood on your joint balcony separated by a concrete divider barely reaching past your wait, It would have been so easy for you to climb over and check out the place but something about climbing over balconies on 43rd floor left a sour taste in your mouth. Both the apartments shared a common living room wall and you swore that sometimes you could hear someone walking on the other side, you gave this imaginary ghost the name Sunny.

You reached the daycare and greeted the teacher, luckily your friend had called and explained the situation and saved you from suspected kidnapping. "[Name]!!" Shadow yelled running towards you, his Shadow Tiger backpack bouncing on his back. 

"Shadow!, Say goodbye to your teacher first". Shadow respectfully bowed down to the teacher making his backpack fall over his head making you and the teacher giggle.

You strapped him in and got in from the driver's side. "So Shadow, your dad is going to be home late, what do you want to do today? Should we go out? zoo? aquarium?"

"I have homework and Dad said I must finish my homework first".

"Of Course he does, Your dad is a bore, anyway what should we order then? Mcdonald's? Panda King?"

"Can't you cook?". Was this two-year-old judging you? You scoffed at his remark, If your mom could hear this you would never hear the end of it.

"I caaaann cook, but it would be more fun to order in"

"No need, Dad said I must not eat too much junk food" 

'I swear to god this kid!'

You stopped by the grocery store to pick ingredients for fish stew. The only thing you can cook well to salvage your remaining bit of dignity. Shadow fell asleep on your way home. You drove into the underground parking lot to find the orange car parked next to your parking spot. You parked your car and decided to carry a grocery bag and a two-year-old boy instead of waking him up.

You got into the empty elevator and pressed your floor button trying not to drop either of two. The elevator stopped at the Ground floor and you moved back to accommodate the person. you were trying to get your keys out of your side purse with your free hand, You looked up as the elevator door opened, It was him, an All too familiar dark brown-haired man standing in front of you......

What was he doing here?

☪ฺ*:.。.。.:*・☪ฺ*:.。.。.:*・☪ฺฺ