Part 6

"Boboiboy, this is Layla, You must know her, she is in your batch". His uncle said introducing him to the girl in front of him,

"Yes. Hi Layla". He had no interest in being here at this party when he couldn't stop thinking about the events of hours before.

"Hi, Boboiboy".

"Boboiboy why don't you keep Layla company while I do the boring work?". He said jokingly and Layla laughed in return. She was taught by her mother, When to laugh and how to laugh.

Boboiboy walked alongside Layla silently with his hands in his pocket. Layla kept looking at him, expecting him to say something but when he didn't she decided to take matters into her own hands. "You look really good".

"Thank You".

"Is it a Zegna suit?"

"I don't know".

"Boboiboy". She stopped walking and held his hand. "If there is something bothering you then you can tell me".

"I am fine".

"If I am bothering you then you can tell me". No answer.

"Is it about [Name]?". He stopped walking and turned towards her. She knew she had hit the mark.

"Why do you ask?"

"You look upset. Did you guys fight?"

"Kind of".

"Is it because she gave up her admission?"

"Yes..I guess".

"Boboiboy, I consider you my friend. I want to help you. It hurts me to see you like this. Please talk to me". Boboiboy stared at her, her concern seemed genuine. So he guided her to sit on one of the benches and told her everything. 

"-I just think I was too harsh with her. Maybe I should go and talk to her about it. I acted too impulsively. She must have had her reason right? I should call her right now". Boboiboy took his phone out of his pocket but Layla kept a hand on his' stopping him from calling you.

"No, Boboiboy. You did the right thing. You don't know the things that I do... I didn't want to say anything to you because you seemed so in love and I thought maybe I was the wrong one.."

"What do you mean?". Boboiboy turned towards her.

"Nothing. Let it be." Layla said, getting up but Boboiboy grabbed her hand before she could leave.

"Layla...Tell me".

"Boboiboy I just don't think ... She was always after your money. Everyone could see it. Always showed off in front of other girls how she had you wrapped around her fingers. I even confronted her once but she said that I was just being jealous of her. It was so evident to all of us that it was you who was so in love with her while she was always ... I don't know... distant from you... I am sorry it is not my place to say but I would never give up on college for money and now she was even ready to leave you? You who was always there for her, who did so much for her and this is how she treated you?...". Layla saw the shift in Boboiboy's expression and realized that she had succeeded. He kept his phone inside and simply nodded at her...

Layla sat next to Boboiboy and took his hand in hers. 

He didn't pull back...

☪ฺ*:.。.。.:*・☪ฺ*:.。.。.:*・☪ฺฺ