Part 9

Gopal sat opposite the trembling man tied to a wooden chair. "Who asked you to do it?". Akira threw his head back and gasped for air. 

"Look, I have told you that I didn't do it". His lie cost him another punch to the face. Gopal grabbed him by the hair and put his phone in front of him, 

"Look at this! That's you right? Look carefully and choose your next words wisely". Akira squinted his eyes at the screen. It looked like CCTV footage, it showed Akira and another gang member sticking posters on a wall. He gulped as sweat beads rolled down the sides of his forehead. 

"You..how did you?". Gopal looked right into his eyes.

"Who asked you to do it?"

The man confessed immediately fearing police arrest. Gopal walked out of the room and ran his hair through his hands. 

When Ying told him what happened 6 years ago and how she wanted him to look into it, he wasn't sure if it could be done. There was no police complaint or proof of anything, not even a poster to get the address of the shop that made it but luckily there was an attempted bank robbery three days after the incident and CCTV footage was stored in the archive, it was the same bank across the alley where Akira and his member put up the poster. 

He wondered what kind of influence the person had that even police refused to investigate the incident.

He was skeptical about helping you initially but it seemed like Ying needed it for herself more than she needed it for you. 

He still hated you for what you did to Boboiboy but right now he was doing everything for Ying after she had helped him. He took his phone out and typed a quick text to Ying.

Gopal: Got it.

Ying: ??

Gopal: The culprit. Got the confessions and name of the person. What do you want to do?

Ying: Is it someone from our batch?

Gopal: Yes.

Ying: Do you think I should file a report? Will it work?

Gopal: To be honest I don't think so... The litigation will be long since you didn't file a report and I kind of did the work without a report or complaint so I don't know how useful the confession would be. You can confront her directly.

Ying: Fine. Send me the details. Don't tell Boboiboy about this.

Gopal: Fine.

Gopal sent the written and video confession to Ying. He hit two birds with one stone. A week ago he found out that Hargreeves was smuggling drugs from the Kobe port but he was struggling to find a connection between him and the gang who was doing it. Now he had all the details he needed to proceed. 

But first, you need to know the truth. Hargreeves was a dangerous man and a well-connected one, if Gopal had to move against him then he needed to make sure it caused minimal damage to those around him.

☪ฺ*:.。.。.:*・☪ฺ*:.。.。.:*・☪ฺฺ

Fang and you sat on the sand and watched Shadow build his sand castle. The day was perfect for a beach day and you couldn't deny them when Shadow promised to make a sandcastle for you.

You were smiling without realizing it. It was so easy to enjoy silence with Fang. 

"Shadow is adorable. I am jealous that you get to spend so much time with him". Fang chuckled. "Not as much time as I'd like anyway. But you are always invited to join us". You pouted, making Fang's heart race.