Are you sure?

A/N : Check out my new story, One Normal Night! It is another LOTF fanfiction about some of the little 'uns from the island five years later. Thanks, and keep reading!

******************

BREE'S POV

He loves me. Ralph loves me. No boy had ever told me that they loved me before, besides my dad. But this was a whole new feeling.

I didn't know what I would say to that. Ralph's confession made me ponder something. Did I love Ralph?

Realizing I was staring wide-eyed at Ralph, I opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out.

"I-I'm sorry," Ralph stuttered. "I didn't mean to-"

"No it's fine," I interject, furrowing my brow in deep consideration.

"Bree... do you have anything to say to me?" Ralph asked.

I froze. I needed some time to think. "No... I mean, I-" I stopped. "I mean what is love exactly? I-"

"Bree, just tell me. I'm fine with the truth."

I took a deep breath. "Ralph, that's a lot of pressure to put on me..."

"What do you mean it's a lot of pressure! You shouldn't have to think it over, it should come naturally," Ralph yelled.

"What I'm saying is..." I paused, forming my emotions into a sentence in my head. "I've never done this before. I just want to make sure what I'm feeling is right, before I-" I looked down.

"Before you what?" Ralph shouted.

"Before I screw it up."

"Bree," Ralph said, his tone softer than before. "You're not going to mess it up. I think you're doing just fine."

Looking up at him, I notice the look of sincerity on his face. "Okay, then... I love you too."

"Are you sure?" Ralph asks, half smiling.

"I'm sure."

JACK'S POV

It's been two days since I recruited the little 'uns to help me take down Ralph and Bree. That means it's been two days of gathering firewood, drying leaves, and telling the boys stories of The Beast to scare them.

It's been hard keeping them at bay, but since they were pretty much controlled by fear, I made up stories of "The Beast", a seven-foot tall hairy monster that would snag them in their sleep if they didn't listen to me.

Yeah, it was cruel, but so was I. They say cruel people have no souls, but that wasn't true. Every night I was haunted by the ghosts of Piggy and Simon. Every day I wished that my boyhood wasn't taken away from me by this stupid island. Every day my anger built up higher and higher, until it needed to be taken out. And I knew just who to take it out on...

"Jack, Maurice thinks he has enough wood to start the first fire," my second in command, Roger, says.

"Great. I need you to round up the little 'uns for the plan."

"Already done, chief. Boys!" Roger whistles loudly and the little 'uns appear from under the bushes.

I smile. "Alright boys, here's the plan. Once Maurice and the littlest boys start the fire, they will head to the beach to get ready to fight Bree and Ralph. Then, Shermy, Ben, Jesse, and Edward will push the palm tree over there on its side so it can light on fire. From there, the fire will spread all over the forest. Everyone has to get out once their work is done, or else..."

"Or else what?" Shermy asks.

I make a slicing motion on my neck. The boys look at each other frantically.

I turn to Roger. "Tell Maurice to start the fire."

"Are you sure?" Roger asks me.

"I'm sure."