Betrayal

BREE'S POV

Ralph stepped towards Jack.

"Bree, I'm sorry."

Jack grinned and I covered my face. Suddenly, I had no feelings. I couldn't feel the sharp pangs of remorse that should've come with Ralph's stinging words.

"I'm sorry that I had to do this to your true love."

Ralph's hands shot out like bottle rockets as he grabbed Jack's arm and twisted it behind his back. I jumped up from the sand and stepped back.

"Run, Bree." Ralph growled as he wrestled Jack to the ground. Jack's hand snapped up like a viper and hit Ralph in the nose.

"No! Ralph. I can't!" I yelled, cringing at the blood running down his face.

Jack flipped Ralph over and sat on top of him. "Roger! Grab her!"

I turned my head to the side to see Roger charging at me like a bull.

"No!" Roger dove at me and I quickly dodged to the side. Getting up from the sand, Roger looked infuriated.

"Bitch." Roger flew at me again and this time I punched him in the gut.

"Bitch," I remarked. Roger glared at me, taking a swipe at my stomach. I blocked his strike and scratched his arm, leaving a gash on his upper forearm. I looked down at my hands, realizing what I was doing. I was completely going against my pacifist beliefs, and for what. A bunch of boys? A sharp blow to my throat snapped me out of it. I doubled over and began to choke, gasping for air. I felt another strike on my head as black dots began to appear in the air.

"Please," I gasped, waiting for the next hit.

Roger smirked, laying his hand down at his side. "I don't know why a girl thought that she could beat a man. Everyone knows that boys are stronger than girls. Have some respect for yourself."

I felt a sudden surge of energy course through my veins as I kicked Roger in the balls with all of my strength.

"Agh!" Roger screamed in pain, falling over.

"I don't know why you thought that boys were stronger than girls because we are all equals in the end. Have some respect for everyone."

Roger groaned and rolled over. Satisfied, I turned back to face the boys. My eyes met those of Jack Merridew's. From there, I noticed Ralph on the ground in the same position as Roger.

"Ralph!" I yelled, covering my mouth.

Jack narrowed his eyes and grabbed my wrists and pulled them behind my back, bringing his face close to mine. I could smell the aroma of trepidation and chagrin on his breath.

"Looks like we are the strongest of the pack. The Alphas," Jack spoke through his teeth.

I didn't answer, my eyes fixated on the ground and teeth clenched.

Jack threw me to the ground. "How could you do this to me?" He said.

I lay on the sand, breathing heavily. For every step Jack would take towards me, I crawled backwards an inch.

"I put myself out there for you! Do you know what it feels like? To love someone and then feel them rush to throw you away?"

I stopped inching back. Jack was towering over me and the thick smoke from the fire behind us damaged my vision.

"I'm sorry," I choked out. "That I don't feel a thing for you."

A red faced Jack knelt down beside me and held his face in his hands. I slowly got up, thinking that it was a trap. Jack just laid there. We all were still for a moment, Ralph and Roger lying in pain, Jack weeping on the ground, and the rest of the boys frozen on the edge on the beach.

I realized there was nothing I could do to help the situation, the fire burning in the forest behind me or the stalemate I was in the middle of. So I sat.

4 hours later: 8:00 p.m.

I felt drowsy, like I had just slept for a month. Lights flashed around me as I realized the fleet of helicopters on the beach. Boys were wrapped
in blankets, sipping clean water from plastic bottles. Men were bandaging Roger and Ralph's wounds and an Air Force officer was speaking to Jack. I got up and hobbled towards Jack.

"How many dead?" The officer asked.

Jack hung his head. "Three."

Percival. Simon. Piggy.

The officer scribbled something down on a notepad and turned to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I nod.

"Let's get you guys back home."

All we can do is nod.

*****************

A/N
Hey guys! Sorry it has been like TWO MONTHS but I have been so busy!! There will be only one or two chapters after this so comment while you can because I love it ❤️.
Songs listened to while writing-
1. Novocaine- FOB
2. Uma Thurman- FOB
3. Fourth of July- FOB
4. Irresistible- FOB
5. The Kids Aren't All Right- FOB