So is Tension

CHAPTER SIX

JACK'S POV

So I admit it, I've had feelings for Bree since I saw her sitting at the airport, and nearly fell in love with her on the hunt.

The only way I can express love is through teasing, and I guess to Bree that meant I hated her. But I don't. I hate Ralph, not for his personality, but for falling for Bree to, and getting her.

Their kiss lasted two hours to me, and the whole time, my face got red and itchy and I nearly burst into tears.

"Umm, man. He's stealing your girl!" Roger whispered to me.

"I know, you idiot!" I shot back.

I squirmed.

"Boys, lets-errr, clean and roast this pig." I was fuming.

They shouted and ran to castle rock, a place where I could be chief. I was about to go to follow them, when I stopped. Maybe I still had a chance.

"Hey chiefy, I'm sorry to spoil your fun, but can I steal your girl for a moment?" I asked.

Ralph glared at me.

"Umm, I guess so," Bree shrugged.

We walked along to the water.

"Hey, I'm sorry you know," I start.

"For what?" she cocked her head towards me. Ugh. Now I had to apologize AND recognize my mistakes out loud.

"For, being so-"

"Stupid." She retorted.

"If you already knew, then why did you ask?" I grinned.

"I just wanted to hear you say it," Bree said.

We were stuck.

"Um, should we go back and eat?" She says.

"Sure," I agree. I was all ready to romantically walk her back with my hand in hers, when Ralph shows up.

"Bree, care if I escort you to the feast?" Ralph said. She giggles.

I care.

And I watch pathetically as they walk hand in hand as I think to myself.

You'll never be chief, Ralph.