Trapped

BREES POV
*******
I felt like the new girl on the first day of school, trying to get through the hallways. Except, instead of a clique of mean girls blocking my way, it was an army of blood-thirsty children.

Jack stood as the lone leader of the pack, scrawny but strong, scared but brave. His weapon no longer rested at his side, but was suspended in midair- waiting for attack. As he spoke, his words pierced the air as the butt of his spear stabbed the sand.

"There's no way out but through me. And through me there's no way out," Jack snarled.

"Jack," I said shakily. "You don't want to do this."

Jack spun around to face me. "I don't want to do this? I don't want to get back at the girl who ripped my heart into pieces and the boy who stole hers away?" He shook his head, laughing. "Sorry, babe. I'm sure that I want to do this."

Anger surged through my body like electricity. "You're mad at me for not forgiving you for killing two of my friends?" I growled, stepping closer to him. Ralph grabbed my arm, grounding me.

Jack's face matched my heat. "Don't act like I'm the bad guy. You're the bitch who played with my heart."

"Hey!" Ralph let my arm go and clenched his fists. "Watch who you're fucking talking about."

"Ralph, no." I said, this time grabbing his shoulder. "Not now." Ralph looked at me for a second, then stepped back angrily.

Jack glared at me, then at Ralph. "Ralph... aren't you forgetting something? What about how much it hurt when Bree kissed me that night on Castle Rock? What about when she couldn't decide whether she wanted you... or me?"

Ralph shifted uncomfortably. "Yeah... well she picked me." I looked guiltily at Ralph. I knew what Jack was trying to do, but for some reason, I couldn't defend myself. Maybe I didn't deserve to be defended.

"Remember the times when you thought she was yours, the only girl for you. And she thought you were hers, but you weren't the only guy for her. Remember how much that hurt?" Jack continued, his voice breaking a little.

Ralph looked at me weakly, before stepping away from me. A small cry escaped my lips, in fear of desertion.

"C'mon, Ralph," Jack coaxed. "Join us."

Suddenly, all my defenses flew up as I felt a wave of power come over me. "Ralph, please. Remember the good times with me. All relationships have their ups and downs. Remember when we first kissed. And when we said 'I love you'. I'm sorry if I hurt you in any way. It didn't mean to happen." I knew I wasn't talking to Ralph anymore, but to someone else. My voice wavered, as if on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted to, and that sucks. But please, think about what you're doing. Think about us. What we were, what we could've been."

Both of the boys froze, unsure of what their minds were telling them.

"No matter what, I will always have loved you." I say.

Ralph hung his head in shame. Jack paused in confusion. I stood frozen in the sand like an ice sculpture, beginning to melt.

No matter what happened here on this beach, I had wanted to bring some closure to Jack and myself. Our relationship ended on terrible terms, and I felt that the reason that Jack was acting out was because of me. I know it sounds self-absorbed, but Jack was really into me. I know because I was really into him. I couldn't help but to think what life would've been like if he hadn't killed anyone. Who would I have picked? Was the choice really mine to decide?

All I knew was that the choice wasn't mine now.

Ralph turned his head back to me.

"Bree, I'm sorry."

*******
I KNOW ITS SHORT BUT I WANTED TO END ON A CLIFF HANGER.

however since you guys are the best I will update again SOONER.