17: A Hard Explanation

Nico's Pov:

I was splayed out on the hospital bed in the manor's infirmary. My wings were spread out and my head was wrapped in bandages. Alfred walked around on of the other beds over to my bed.

"Master Nico. The Waynes' wish to see you." He informed me. I nod, blinking the sleep out of my eyes. Alfred nods, and walked to the door and opens it. Damian stumbles in.

"THE LITERAL HELL NICO! YOU GAVE US ALL HEART ATTACKS! AND HOW DID YOU DO ALL THAT STUFF?!" Jason shouts as he walks trots in, angry at me for making him worried.

I smirk. "It seems like I've been growing on you. Also, Demon, did you tell them?!" I say, getting louder with each sentence. I yawn. "Anyways, how long have i been out?"

"Two. Whole. Fricken. Weeks." Jason says. I curse.

"Ohhhh noooo.... My friends are going to murder me." I grumble. "I hope they haven't IMed me.... Will's gonna be so mad." I groaned.

"You have received seven IMs, mostly from Will and Hazel. And a few from the rest of the seve- Err, six." I had found out Alfred was blessed by Hestia to be immortal, so that was why he never seemed to get older than he was. Which was also how he knew about the IMs.

I wince, the pain from Jasons death re-playing in my head. I remember feeling extreme pain burst through my chest, and my eyes tearing up as i see the words Jason Grace written in black ink hovering in front of me.

I start tearing up again. Jason, the un-dead Jason- runs up and rubs my back, and then so do the others. 

"Just J-Jason's death. Only six left...." I mutter bitterly.

 "It's okay." Dick says soothingly. "But can you tell us why you were fighting a giant dog in an alley? And the wings?"

"O-okay." I sniffled. "I can't give you exact answers. But for the alley, I have been following Damian around on his patrols as Robin for the last couple of days." Damian visibly stiffened. "So he jumped down into an alley, and i followed him. There was a hellhound there, and since Damian cannot see through the Mist well, just like the rest of you, except for Alfred. Also i will not explain deeper about the Mist or hellhound right now, because i don't want to get us smited. Drama Queen will not be happy." I say as i glance up.

"Okay. So Damian saw a dog instead of a hellhound, but i cleared the Mist so he could see it for what it really was. He tried to get away, but tripped over a broken bottle. So i had to help him. I got out my swo-scythe. It's deadly to the touch, except for people like me. That's why the hellhound was so careful to avoid the scythe. It made me drop the scythe. I had no other choice if i wanted to live. I took off my jacket and tied it onto my waist, then summoned my wings. They are a gift from my uncle. Then I realized that the wing wouldn't help, so I transformed into a giant lion. The hellhound knocked me against the wall, making me crack my head. Then i ducked under it, gutted it, and it died and turned back to dust. Then i turned to normal and fell unconscious."

"Uhhh... are you a meta?" Tim asked.

"No! Why does everyone think i am a meta?!" I groan. "Also, i may or may not have gotten rid of some of you memories of me. Let me give them back." I say as i force the Mist out of their minds. They all stood there, shocked for a second, remembering me dangling from my broken wing. And Damian remembering me summoning a hoard of skeletons and hellhounds after he surprised me.

"Does the hellhound have to do with the hunters?" Bruce asked. Everyone flinched. No one knew he was there, except me, with the soul search and all.

"Yes." I mutter. "Well, i must go and ask my uncle if i can tell you. I don't want to answer ALL of your questions. Easier to get the point through. If he says yes and doesn't kill me on the spot. Alfred please hand me the A and the N?" That stood for Ambrosia and Nectar. "Also, how about any question you ask me, i related to this stuff i have to answer truthfully. But just for a couple days, okay? After that your chance has expired."

I smirk and slowly get off the bed. "Master Nico, it may not be wise to visit your uncle in this state." Alfred informed me. Again.

"I'll be fine. I mean, no one's gonna miss me." I say as i stare at a wall, fighting back dizziness. "Okay, so Hazel and Will and those guys might, but I've got nothing to lose. Well, sure, i do have an awesome family of superheroes, but I'm just being fostered. All of my friends have been avoiding me since i almost killed that kid at camp." I wince at my own sorry excuse for an apology.

"We care about you." Says Dick as he puts his hand on my shoulder. I give a weak smile, then awkwardly shift one of my wings.

"I don't." Everyone groans as Damian ruins the moment.

"And superheroes? How did you know?!" Shouts Jason.

"Well, i knew you and Red Hood were the same person the moment i saw you. You radiate death, and to be fair, I'm surprised my father didn't find you when we were gathering the escaped ones after the Earth Trial." I said, referencing to the Giant War and when i had to help Thanatos gather escaped spirits. "I soon found out Damian was Robin, and that Bruce was Batman. Which means Tim and Dick have to be Red Robin and Nightwing." I say. Their looks of surprise just confirmed it even more.

"Well, how long are your wings anyways?" Asked Tim, desperate to change the subject. "They can't be that big. You're only seven."

"That's where you're wrong. About the wings and the age." I grin. "If you want to see how big my wings are, back up, before i smack you in the face with one and give you a concussion."

Everyone takes about five large steps away from me. I thrust my wings outwards. The batfam gasps at the size of the huge, ten foot wing span. I grin. "So. I told you that you were wrong about the wings."

"How old are you?" Asks Damian.

"It depends. My physical age is seven, my mental age and current age is fifteen, and my actual age is about eighty five."

"How?!" Shouts Jason.

"I was born in the 1930s. Then my dad put me in the 'Lotus Casino'. It basically slows down time while you're in it. I was in it for seventy years. But it only felt like two months."

"Okayyyyy." Tim says awkwardly.

"Well, I've gotta go. My uncle will be upset if you find out with out him letting me tell you." I say, folding my wings back in, then take a few steps into the darkest corner of the room, grinning at their confused faces.

"Don't tell anyone our identities!" Jason shouts.

"Sure Hood!" I yell, as i feel myself slip into the shadows.

That's it for this chapter my Minions! Things are getting SPICED up! More drama up and coming, love you guys!❤️

—Anitoly!