36: A Fateful Night

Funny photo of my cat mid-yawn!😂

Nico's Pov:

They looked at me in shock as i removed my deer skull.

"Nico??" They all asked in sync.

"Yea. And before you give me the whole 'no-killing lecture', I swear  I'll stop killing criminals" i said quickly, not wanting to get lectured. Dick stepped forwards.

"You could have just told us! We would have let you join us!" Dick said, gesturing wildly.

"I'm pretty sure Bruce would have gone all 'Daddy Bats' on me, and i do not need that." I said, shooting a glare at Batman.

"Well it would have been better than running around killing criminals without permission!" Dick shouted, a worried expression on his face.

"I'm fine. I'll be fine. Just calm the Hades down. Just cause i helped you guys for a little while, doesn't mean I'm going to takeover your all of your jobs."

"Wait... so YOU shot me in the leg!?" Jason shouted as he finished processing what had happened.

"Yep. Taste of your own medicine, if you ask me." I said with a shrug. I'm pretty sure he was so mad that his face was the same color as his helmet. "Anyways, if you guys want I'll stop helping you guys. Have it your way." Then Bruce spoke up.

"Actually, Nico, i was wondering if you would like to join the bat family. The vigilante side of it." He said, sounding a little uncomfortable. Then he slipped his cowl back on, and we all did the same.

"Really?" I asked.

"Really." Bruce nodded.

"Wow, that was easier than i thought it would be." I said, making Jason snort, and Damian roll his eyes from underneath his domino mask. "So anywaysss..," i said, dragging the s, "can we resume patrol?"

"Sure. Robin, Nightwing, go with Angel. You guys head to Blüdhaven. Red Robin, Red Hood, you guys come with me to the Docks. I've heard that the Riddler might be hiding out over there. Let's go." Batman told us, then shot his grappling gun, and took off into the night, with the Red Hood and Red Robin close behind him.

"Alright. Let's head off to Blüdhaven. Angel, do you have a grappling gun?" Nightwing said, looking concerned.

"No. But i have wings." I said, stretching out the large feathered limbs.

"Okay. Robin, make sure Angel doesn't get lost."

"Why do i have to babysit?" Spat Robin.

"Because I'm babysitting you, and you're babysitting him." Nightwing said, rolling his eyes at Robins complaint. Damian glares at him, pouting.

"Do i have to be babysat? I am literally eighty-years-old! Wayyyy older than both of you!" I growled, angered by the fact that i was being babysat by a ten-year-old.

"Well, right now you are seven. And, since i have a feeling that  if i leave you two alone together that someone will end up dead, I'm going with you guys." Nightwing said with a disapproving face.

Damian grumbled something about being responsible enough. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Then i got an idea.

"RACE YOU TO CRIME ALLEY!" I shout then run off the side of the building, leaving the two hero's to gaze at me in surprise before quickly recovering and following after me.

I lazily flapper my wings and glided between buildings, far ahead of my brothers when something caught my attention. 

The manticore.