34: Lion Life

Little animation i made. Enjoy! (The animation is completely unrelated to the chapter btw.)

Also, Nico doesn't get injured in this chapter. Actually, I'm debating even having him get injured, because with the level of drama so far, i think it would be over the top. What do you guys think? Feel free to comment on this paragraph and tell me how you feel about Nico getting injured. 

Also this is Nico's lion form: 

Nico's Pov:

I groan as we walk out of the grandfather-clock\Batcave secret entrance.

"Well... what should we do now?" Asked Tim, giving me a concerned glance. The batboys thought for a second.

"Circus tricks!" Dick said excitedly.

"What. NO. NONONONONO." I said quickly, sitting down and raising my forepaws. Dick gave me the cursed puppy dog eyes.

"Actually that would be pretty cool, right Demon Brat?" Jason said, smirking.

"Tt. Whatever, Todd." Damian huffed. I chuffed in laughter.

"Fine." I said, giving into Dick's puppy-dog eyes.

"Yes!" Dick said, jumping up and down in a childish manner. Damian tt'ed at it.

We walked to the gym, because apparently there was some circus equipment in there. Dick ran into a closet and pulled out a pedestal.

"Okay so basically-," Dick started, but then i cut him off.

"Stand on my hind legs, yea that kind of stuff." I huffed in annoyance.

He set it on the ground, and i hopped onto it, then hoisted myself onto my hind legs. It was surprisingly difficult, for my mane was pretty heavy. 

Don't judge. You would agree if you experienced it.

I then hopped off.

"Aww, come on!" Whined Dick like a child.

"Hey, i have an idea. How about Demon gets to ride Death-Breath over there." Jason suggested happily.

"No." I said.

"Yes." Dick and Jason said at the same time.

Next thing i knew Damian had been tossed onto my back.

"HEY!" He protested loudly, trying to get off. I smirked to myself. Now it was time to embarrass one of the little bats.

I immediately took off at full speed, and Damian let out a surprised screech. The kid was surprisingly light. 

I kept running until i got to the section of the gym where Dick's pull-up bars were, and charged straight at them.

"Oh no. No." Damian quickly breathed.

"Oh yes. Yes." I said, then leaped.

 I cleared the first one, then the second one. Damian had a death-grip on my mane. Then i ran at the third one, and didn't jump. Instead, i kept running. Damian looked surprised. Then saw where we were heading. He gulped.

I quickly ran through the open door to the pool room, and jumped in and plunged downwards.

Then I sputtered out a surprised shriek and Damian fell off my back.

The water was so cold, and it pulled my down, insanely fast. I gasped and started paddling back to the stairs. Then Damian grabbed onto me. With him and my mane weighing me down, i was sinking, and fast.

"Save yourself!" I gasped in a panic. Then I realized he was swimming with ease. I pulled myself from his grasp and climbed out, panting, my ears down and eyes wide, and plopped onto the floor with a wet thud.

Then i heard laughter. Jason, Tim, and Dick had burst out laughing.

"Oh shut it." I grumbled. 

"Why were you so scared?" Asked Tim suddenly.

"Cats hate water. Also I'm a child of Hades, so me and water do not mix well." I explained.

"You should've seen your face, Demon! Your eyes were so bugged out!" Jason wheezed, dying of laughter.

"Shut it, Todd." Damian growled. I sighed and slowly stood up, then shook my mane so that droplets of water showered onto the Batboys. They quickly stumbled away from me, not wanting to get soaked i huffed in amusement. Maybe being a lion wouldn't be to bad, as long as it was just for two days.

The rest of the two days went by fast, and it consisted of a LOT of hugs. Apparently my mane is very soft. Damian won't admit it, but i think he's given me the most hugs by now. Either him or Dick. Being a lion wasn't all that bad.

Short chapter, i know. But how did you guys like it? And PLEASE tell me what you think about Nico getting injured. Should i have it happen, or should i have it not? Hope you enjoyed, my Minions!

—Anitoly!