21: Confessions

Nico's Pov:

"Uhhh... yeah, I know a little about Greek mythology and Roman mythology, like Zeus and Hercules and those guys." Tim says, staring at me with wide eyes. 

I snort. "Those two are jerks. I do not suggest meeting them. Welp, the Greek and Roman myths are real. But i am guessing you know, because of my cousin, Diana." I say.

"Yeah. Wonder Woman." Dick says.

"Well, i am from that kind of stuff. Greek, not Roman, thought." I reply.

"Are you a monster?" Asked Jason.

"No, of course not." I scoff.

"A god?" Asks Dick.

"Hades, no."

"A demigod?" Asks Tim.

I smirk. "Bingo. You've looking at Nico di Angelo, son of Hades, King of Ghosts, and all that good stuff." The boys' jaws dropped. Then came the rapid fire questions.

"So... are monsters those hunters from your story?" Asked Damian.

"Yep. And I've ran into most of them." I say, nodding.

"Does that have to do with that one freak storm?" Asked Dick.

"Yep. There is something called the Mist that covers mythological things from mortals, so they don't see it. The freak storm was Typhon. (i think that's how you spell his name?). That's how i made you all forget about something's, temporarily. That is also why Damian saw a dog instead of a hellhound."

"Can you just tell us your whole story?" Asks Damian. "I don't want to have to listen to these imbeciles bicker over what happened to you."

"Sure, but be prepared for a sob story."

Time skip because Leo spontaneously combusted again. 'THE SUPER-SIZED MC-SCHIZZLE IS BACK, BABY!'

I finished telling them about the first trip to Tartarus i took.

"Hey you guys." I say with a weak grin.

"Yeah?"

"Can i show you all something?"

"Sure."

I pulled back a patch of my black hair to reveal a large white streak. Jason's breathing hitched as he reached up and automatically touched his own white streak in his hair.

"D-did you die down there?" He whispers.

"Almost. I never let my friends see it. I didn't want them to pity me for it. Percy has one like it too.' I say as i brush my hair onto it again.

"Did he get his from Tartarus?" Asked Tim.

"No. He held the sky by himself. Blunt force trauma." I say quietly. "Not everyone who dies gets one. My half-sister Hazel died. I brought her back from the Underworld. Leo died. His dragon revived him. Thalia was basically dead for a few years. She was stuck in the form of a tree. That's why we call her Pinecone Face." I say.

"Why couldn't you bring back the other Jason?!" Damian asked, ruthlessly, scowling.

"You don't understand." I hiss, getting defensive. "We spent a whole year trying to seal the Doors of Death. We can't just reopen them. And my father would kill me. Hazel was an acceptation, because she died before it was her time. Mortals. No respect for death." I scoff, angrily. "I would if i could, but i can't."

"Wait.... You said you could 'sense' death. How does that work?" Tim inquires.

"Well, i used to sense everyone's deaths, but now I've managed to keep it down to just people i know. Basically, i can feel how someone dies. Like with Jason Grace's i felt my chest being ripped open. Insanely painful, but tolerable. I also see their name." I sigh.

"Di-did you sense my death?" Asked Jason Todd, hesitantly.

"Yes. Only because yours was insanely painful. You got blown up after having your lung collapse, due to the Joker hitting you with a crowbar. I also felt every time you were close to death, which was a lot. You have endured more than most mortals have. About as much as the average demigod." I say with a sigh. "You were tortured in Arkham  Asylum for two years. Quite miserable. Percy has been tortured through dreams by Kronos and Gaea, being shown the deaths of all of us, even though they never happened. I was tortured in Tartarus."

Again, the boys looked shocked. I resumed telling them the rest of my story. A very watered-down version of it, in that case.

Time skip because his life story loooooooooooooooooong, and i am feeling lazy.

"Let me get this right." Damian says accusingly. "You've fought in two wars? How does no one even know that there were wars? And where is the evidence of the wars? The skills with a sword?!" He growls.

"Yep. I've fought in two wars and never get credit for saving everyone else's sorry butts by convincing Hades to help us. And summoning legions of skeletal soldiers. The mortals don't know because of the Mist. And here's some evidence." I say as i pull my shirt off, over my head.

The boys gasped at the several scars, many not healed correctly, and the different injuries. "Wow." Jason whispered.

"Promise that you won't tell Bruce." I charmspeak. The boys nodded quickly. "As for skills with a sword? Just watch me." I say as i walk to the gym. The boys get up and quickly follow.

Once we got to the gym, the boys gave me a confused look as i walked past the sword shelfs, and  strait to the area where you can train against holographic people. I summoned my Styxgian iron sword. The boys gasped as it elongated. The black blade glinted in the light.

"How did you do that?" Asks Tim.

"Magic." I say, stepping into the arena. I had decided i wanted to fight Greek monsters, so i chose a manticore. Time for vengeance.

As the beast forms, i charge it and do a somersault between its towering forelegs and lashed my sword across its stomach. It disintegrates.

Then three hellhounds appeared. The first two lunged at me, and missed. I ran at the third one and stabbed it through the heart. 

As i killed more monsters, twice the amount would spawn. I was soon a whirlwind of slashing and stabbing blades.

Soon, maybe five minutes later, i was panting as i slayed the last pandos. The pandos, or 'big ears' quickly disappeared into hundreds of tiny holographic shards.

"Wow... so... I guess you are a good fighter." Says Tim. I nod, still panting. Slaying hundreds of holographic monsters was tiring.

"Hey. Do you guys want to go for a walk, so i can get some fresh air?" I ask the Batboys.

"Sure. We just gotta be careful. Who knows which freaky freaks are out right now. Even though it's only noon, you'd be surprised at the crime levels." Dick instructs. Jason scoffed.

"Also the 'air' in Gotham is really not that fresh." Tim says with a shrug.

"I don't care. Can't be worse than Tartarus." I say. Then i get an idea. "Hold my hands and form a link." Dick and Tim nervously grab my hands.

"I am NOT holding hands with anyone. A prince does not hold hands with peasants." Damian growls.

i scoff. "Prince Damian, you are looking at the 'Ghost King'. And a kings' ranking is higher than that of a prince." I say, glaring at him. Jason reluctantly grabs Tim's hand and Damian grabs Dick's hand.

"We are about to shadow travel. Try not to puke. Also, i don't suggest letting go, because otherwise your soul will be stripped from your body." I inform them, then silently fall back into the shadows.

Okay, so it's not as interesting as i wanted it to be, and a bit too fast, but that's okay. Anyways, I'm going to try to update again soon! Love you, my Minions!❤️

—Anitoly!