38: The World of the Living

Nico's pov:

I wheeze again as more green water enters my mouth, and i claw at the thick water to try and keep afloat. I still cannot believe it. I am alive. I was literally gutted by the manticore, but i was back. Then i realized yet another thing. I still had my wings since i never un-summoned them. I flapped my wings, desperately, and managed to rise out of the stinging, poisonous water. 

The moment i was out of the acidic water, i felt strong. Like really, really strong. I flapped my wings yet again, and i boosted myself to the rocky shore. With a gasp, i spat out green liquid. Gross.

"NICO!" My head snaps up when i hear the voice. No, not voice. Voices.

The Batfamily charged me, and immediately wrapped me in a giant hug. Then i realized it wasn't only the Batfam. The six, Thalia, and Reyna were there too.

The breath was suddenly squeezed out of me and i let out a horrible wheezing sound before vomiting trash-water all over Leo. The rest of us backed away from Leo. It is a fire hazard to be near him in situations such as this.

"THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE BURNT!? I DO NOT LIKE IT! AUGGGGHHH!" Leo screeched, desperately trying to get the stuff off of him by rolling on the floor. Soon most of us were rolling on the floor too, dying of laughter. Well Thalia and Percy were.

Bruce suddenly turned to me. "Nico. How are you feeling?"

"Uhh, fine... what happened?" I asked, scratching the base of my neck. Stupid habit that i got from the one and only, Persassy Jackson.

"Well... you died, as you probably know. The lion thingy killed you. So, we convinced Talia, Damian's mother, to let us revive you in a Lazarus pit. So here we are." Tim spoke up. I nodded, then a strand of my hair fell in front of my eyes. I went to move it, but then was shocked at the color. It was white. Which meant my streak had expanded, because it was on the other side of my forehead.

"Sooo... are we just going to sit here like Nico having wings is normal? Because last time i checked, Death Breath did not have wings." Thalia said, getting off of the rocky floor and brushing the dust off of her jeans.

"Oh... well... the gods sorta blessed me cause they felt bad that i was being ignored and avoided, so yea, hence the wings." I said, then thrust my wings outwards, simultaneously bashing Leo and Jason in their noses.

"Double kill!" Shouted Percy. I groaned and ran my hand through my hair. Damian snicked and Leo and Jason were grumbling to themselves.

"Hey Nico. You look a little... different now. Do you wanna see?" Piper said, pulling a mirror out of seemingly nowhere.

"Sure. Also, i ran into Jason while in Elysium. He is doing great and having the time of his life, but he misses you dearly. You too, Thalia." I said, giving them both small, sad smiles.

"Thank you Nico." Thalia and Piper said at the same time. I nodded in response. Then Piper showed me what i looked like. My hair was a bit less messy then usual, i was now fifteen, i had a healthy olive skin tone instead of a deathly pale one, but i still was extremely cold to the touch,  my left eye was a bright, blazing green, i was a tiny bit less skinny, and my bangs were completely white. 

"Wow." Was all i managed to say. "Well, i guess i should catch you guys up on what's been happening." I said to the demigods. Before i could do anything a streak of blond pounced on me. With a squeak i tumbled into the wall.

"NICOLAI DI ANGELO, HOW DARE YOU DISAPPEAR FOR TWO MONTHS WITHOUT TELLING ME AND THEN DIE! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TROUBLE YOU ARE IN!? I AM GOING TO HAVE CHIRON PUT YOU ON STABLE DUTY FOR A MONTH!" Will shouted at me, his blue eyes glistening with tears, joy, worry, and rage as he pinned me against the wall.

"Sorry, Will." I said guiltily. The batfamily looked surprised at the interaction, but the demigods looked board as if this was every day stuff. 

Then Will broke down on my shoulder, hugging me while sobs wreaked his body. "N-Nico! I c-c-can't lose y-you! Not after T-Tartarus, or anything! I can't take it!" He whimpered. I just stood there awkwardly at first then slowly hugged him back, burying my head into his shoulder and rubbing his back soothingly.

"It's okay Will, I'm not going anywhere." I said, trying my best to sound reassuring. Then i heard a click and looked up to see Jason holding a camera, grinning and looking like a maniac with his recently bruised nose. I scowled at him, but continued to hug Will until he finished crying.

"Hey... uh, Nico i was wondering if you could perhaps do something for Thalia and I?" I turned my head towards Piper's shaky voice. 

"Yeah, what would you guys like?" I asked, tilting my head to the side a little.

"Could you perhaps summon Jason?" Thalia piped up nervously, which was extremely out of character for her.

"Uh yeah. Now, let's begin." I announced cracking my knuckles.

"R-right now? Really?" Piper said, a bit of excitement glowing in her eyes.

"Yes." I said, then used my powers to strip away a six-by-six hole in the floor that was also six feet deep. The size of a grave. "Happy Meal and Coke." I instructed, holding my hand out behind me, knowing Will had one. Somehow he always manages to keep one on him for instances like this. I felt extra weight in my palm and instantly knew he had provided. I poured the Coke in, then emptied the Happy Meal into it and began to chant in Ancient Greek. The Coke churned and unlike it should have, the food floated. A thick smog filled the room, drawing gasps from the mortals. Suddenly the smog solidified into a flickering semi-transparent image of Jason. He stepped forwards and bowed low to me. In the background i heard Leo mutter something along the lines of 'I will never get used to that.'

"Drink." I instructed Jason. He slowly bent down, and used his hands to bring the Cola\Happy Meal combo to his mouth and drank some. His form slowly brightened, and became less transparent and more solid looking, but not completely solid. Once he had finished he stood up and bowed to me again.

"Thank you, Nico." His voice floated across the room with a surprising but unintentional air of authority. His misty form walked over to Piper and Thalia. He tried to hug them, but went through them instead. He gave me a longing glance and i let him become fully solid, but he was still relatively transparent and gave off a light glow. Then he hugged them for about five minutes strait, while doing so they informed each other on how their lives were going.

Soon Jason stood up and greeted the others. Percy and Annabeth informed him on the shrines being built in Camp Half-blood and Camp Jupiter. He looked pleased on the progress. Then he asked Hazel and Frank about how being fellow co-leaders of New Rome was going, and Reyna about the Hunt. Then he walked over to the Batfamily.

"I believe I haven't met you yet. My name is Jason Grace." Jason said with an almost invisible glint of confusion in his eyes.

"Hello. We are Nico's adoptive family. My name is Bruce Wayne, and this is Alfred Pennyworth, Richard Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Damian Wayne.

"Ah. Nico told me about you all. You guys sound great and perfect for Nico. He needs a little more... socializing, as you may put it." Jason said with a hint of amusement. Then he glanced at me. I was slowly losing strength from keeping him here for so long. "I fear it is time for me to leave, as Nico seems to be enable to keep me here much longer." I shot him a relived glance, and he nodded. He quickly said his goodbyes and i let him return to the Underworld.

"Well, now that thats taken care of, who's up for capture the flag, demigod style?!" Leo shouts, excitedly, making the demigods cheer and the mortals look confused. This was going to be fun.

Sorry for not updating in like forever! I just had a hard time writing this chapter! Also, a random and EXTREMELY hilariously stupid story from this week! 

So basically i was grabbing a washcloth from a cabinet in my bathroom from under my sink. I have the washcloths there, so i went to grab a stripped blue and white one. But when i pulled it out i realized it wasn't a washcloth but a FREAKING OVEN MITT! And even better it's probably been down there for like 5 YEARS, because I've seen it before and thought it was just a towel. I feel so stupid. 😂😅 it was hilarious though. I also have one of my brother's socks stuck on top of my living room fan. Fun.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter my Minions!❤️

—Anitoly!