32: Crazy

Nico's Pov:

It was about time to visit Sam again. I had forgotten to visit him, so i IMed him. But the IM didn't go through, so i just assumed he was busy.

I sigh as i walked swiftly towards the front door of the manor, hoping no one would ask me where i was going.

I climbed over the gate, not wanting to open it and alert everyone, then sprinted down the sidewalk, in the direction of the ware house.

When i got there, i was shocked. Where the warehouse had been, was now a giant hunk of flaming metal. Someone had blown it up. Someone had blown Sam up.

"Nonononooononono!" I gasp as i run up to the ruble. 

You see, i cannot feel it when a monster dies, but something told me Sam had been given a one way ticket to Tartarus.

Whoever has done this will pay

I feel a tear slip down my face. 

Maybe if i had come earlier, I could've saved him. I knew he would respawn in Tartarus, but it's likely he wouldn't be as friendly any more.

I slumped down. Sam was another friend i had failed to save. Just then, a blood curdling cackle erupted from somewhere behind me. Then i heard a whistling sound, and i felt a small needle hit my leg. Then i noticed i had a tranquilizer dart sticking out of my leg.

Oh for the sake of Hades! Was my last thought before i blacked out.

When i woke up, i was tied to a chair in a warehouse. Classic.

"Hello, little Birdy!" The Joker said in a singsong voice, holding a syringe, a knife and a camera.

"You again?!" I spat, annoyed.

"Why thats no way to greet Uncle J!" He whined, pointing the camera at his face. "Hey, Batsssyyyy! I got a new experimental liquid, and I don't know what it does! And i found the perfect volunteer!" He said in a singsong voice again, and pointed the syringe at me.

The syringe had a strange multi-colored glowing liquid sloshing around in it.

"So in about ten hours, he could be dead, a meta, and oh! Maybe it will drive him insane, so i can have him as my sidekick!" He exclaimed.

While i was trying to proses what the insane man, no, not man, thing, had said, the Joker lashed his knife down my arm, cutting through my aviator jacket.

"Hey! That was my favorite jacket!" I complained loudly.

"Shut it, bat-brat!" He growled, then injected the liquid into the cut. I hissed in surprise at the flaming feeling that suddenly sprang up inside my arm.

Now i was mad. This man hadn't only killed Sam and Jason, but now he was trying to kill me, or torture me in some way.

With an angry growl, i shadow traveled behind the Joker who had been giving the long 'I Did This Evil Thing Because______' speech. 

His eyes got comically wide as he saw me appear behind him.

TW! Violence, blood, and gore!

"How?" He asked.

Then i punched him in the face. He staggered and spat out a bit of blood. "Well, thats not very nice, is it?" He growled, then lunged at me.

I traveled behind him again, not caring if he found out about my powers anymore.