23: Remember Your Friends. Especially Sam.

Nico's Pov:

I felt myself  tumble out of the shadows into a warehouse, my eyes wet and stinging. Why did I keep making these mistakes of killing or injuring people? Maybe that's why the boys didn't try to stop me. They didn't want me to stay with them. 

I can't go back to camp.... and my dad promised me a mortal family. I guess i just have to keep looking. And stop feeling bad for myself. Or maybe i could get a second chance? 

I rub my eyes and sniffle, attempting to calm down.

Wait.... I should probably check my surroundings... there could be monsters here. Or monstrous mortals, like the joker.

The warehouse was dark with water dripping somewhere. A bit of light flickered through a hole in the roof, and boxes and bricks were strewn across the floor. Jason would love it here. (I am sorry, but i am having a most likely unhealthy obsession with Brason. Only because it's funny tho.) There was a large cargo box sitting in a corner. 

Huh. The place looked familiar. Now where am i?

"Nico? NICO!" I heard the happy thunderous yell.

Oh. That's why it's familiar.

I was about to say, "Hi," but was quickly interrupted by a bone crushing hug.

"Hey Sam. Gotta breathe...." I croak, sounding a bit like the Troglodytes.

"I missed you! It's been a week, now, hasn't it?" Sam the cyclops asks excitedly as he releases me.

"Yeah. I think so." I say, giving a small smile. I just hope he didn't see me crying my eyes out a second ago.

"Yay! I couldn't wait to see my best friend again!" He shouted. His loud voice echoed down the building.

"Yeah." I said, smiling wider. He just called me best friend. That's something i have almost never been called.

"Hey Nico?" Sam asked abruptly.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Why were you sad?" He asks. Darn. So he had seen me pop up as a miserable little puddle of shadows in the warehouse .

"Oh. I-um I accidentally killed some mortals that were trying to mug me and my foster brother. Then i knew they wouldn't be happy about that and would be mean to me. So i ran away." I put it simply so the cyclops, who was probably like six or something, would understand.

The cyclops nodded. "Mortals are way to easy to kill." He says casually, as if he was not talking about murder. "But it's okay. I don't feel angry. It was a mistake." Sam smiles. I hug him this time, and he hugs me back, a bit calmer than the first hug. "You should go and apologize."

"To the muggers? But how? I killed them!" I burst out.

"No silly! Your family! For running away. I would be worried if my family ran away," he says, nodding as if agreeing silently with someone else. "But if you want you can stay here a few days and rest." Sam offers.

"Fine." I grumbled. "But only because you are a good friend." I say. "Well, I'd better be on my way. The boys have probably killed each other without me watching them." I say with a grin.

"By Nico! Come back soon!" The cyclops yells. 

It's time to try to make some mortals feel better.

Short chapter, i know, but i want Nico and the boys to get back together soon, so Damian, Tim, and Jason don't murder each other, and accidentally murder Dick in the process. Then back to ✨DRAMA✨. Love you my Minions!❤️

—Anitoly!