33: WHAT THE HADES?

Nico's Pov:

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF HADES!?" I screeched as i looked at my hand. Or was it a hand?

Instantaneously, all of the boys were in my room, no doubt anxious to see what had happened to me.

"WHAT THE HECK?!" Jason screeched when he saw what had happened to me. The other boys gasped in surprise.

For now, I had been turned into a flipping massive black lion.

"BRUCE!?" Screeched Tim.

 Bruce was immediately in the room. His eyes widened at the sight of me.

"Nico?" He asked slowly.

"Uhh... the serum seems to have transformed me into a lion...." I said slowly. At least i could still talk.

"Duh." Jason said, rolling his eyes.

Somehow even in the middle of a crisis he could still manage to be a 'sarcastic imbecile' as Damian had put it.

"Okay... so that happened...." Dick said nervously.

"Uhhh... let's see... maybe i can transform back into Nico and not gigantic lion?" I said slowly. Then i tried to transform. My features switched back to normal, but almost as soon as it happened, i turned back into the lion. "Shoot. Well, i guess this will be what i am for... how long?" I asked nervously.

"Well we did another test on the serum earlier to see how long the effects lasted. Let's head down to the Cave to check it out." Bruce said, turning around.

As we followed Bruce down the stairs, i almost fell a few times, not used to the large paws.

Soon we had gotten into the Batcave, and i could feel someone's eyes burning into the the back of my maned-head. I turned my head around to see Damian staring at me. Then I remembered he loves animals, so it must be REALLY weird to see your younger (older) brother stuck as a lion. Then the young Robin noticed i had caught him staring and swiftly averted his eyes to the floor.

I sniggered when i saw this, but instead it came off as a huff of amusement that made Dick jump in surprise when he heard it. I guess he's remembering his time at the circus. There were probably lions there.

Once we arrived in the Cave, Tim darted over to the Batcomputer and quickly pulled up the test results.

"Whew." Tim breathed. "It looks like you will only be stuck this way for maybe two days."

"That's a relief." I sigh. It comes out as a huff.

"How does being a lion feel?" Asked Damian, obviously curious even though he tried to hide it.

"Different. Like, i don't know how to describe it." I attempted to shrug. All i did was raise my head. Then i remembered why.

"What was that supposed to mean?" Asked Jason.

"Lions don't have collar bones, so they cannot shrug. Thus, me bobbing my head like an idiot." I remarked. Jason slowly nodded his head as if trying to understand the 'complexity' of what i had just informed him of.

Mini chapter, but i should be updating REALLY soon. It's just cause i want to write a little about how those two days as a lion are like!

Wow, this week has been crazy!

I won my last soccer game of the season, 3-2!! Then to celebrate at DQ with my team! We all played 'Who's Most Likely To', which If you don't know, is a game where you say something such as 'Who is most likely to own fifty cats' then you point to who you think it is.

So basically i got voted as most likely to fill a library full of Warriors Cats books, and most likely to become a furry. Then i made a joke along the lines of 'you never said ALREDY is a furry'. That got a laugh out of my teammates.

Sad news:

One of the chicks died. We don't know why. It probably hatched unhealthy. It was the last one we had gotten from the farm store, so the rest of the chicks are the ones i hatched. And then there were four. 🥲 

(ALSO SAM WILL COME BACK!)

Love u my minions!❤️

—Anitoly!