The Snow Storm

It's a very chilly day on this Wednesday afternoon! The wind was high, snow was coming down, and the temperature was 20 degrees! Kind of strange weather for California. Toby and his friends had just got out of school as there have been reports about a snow blizzard this evening. Just how bad will this storm be?

***

Toby's POV

It's one chilly day today, I couldn't wait to get home to warm up and drink some hot chocolate. I did saw on the weather channel this morning that a snow storm was suppose to hit us badly! I hope that doesn't happen. Natalie was coming to pick us up from school so the four of us were standing out in the parking lot waiting for her.

"Man it's freezing out here!" I said.

"Tell me about it, I can barley feel my own fingers." Lita said while rubbing her hands together.

"I could go for a nice bowl of soup right now." Josh said.

"Same, I hope this storm won't be so bad this evening." Maya said.

"Hey here comes Natalie!" I pointed.

Natalie drove up beside us and unlocked the doors. We all piled in and thank goodness she had the heat set on high.

"Hey guys how was school?" Natalie asked whole driving off.

"It was pretty great!" I said. "Just the same old thing."

"It seems that this snow storm could get serious!" She said.

"I hope that the power doesn't go out." Maya said.

"A power outage in the middle of a snow storm? That sounds pretty scary." Lita said.

"Yeah with no heat? No thanks." Maya said.

"Hey I have an idea!" Natalie beamed.

"What is it?" I asked.

"How about we all crash at Will's place?" She suggested.

"Is that okay?" I looked at her.

"Of course, me and Will already talked about it and he said he was fine with it." She said.

"Okay cool, I'll have to talk to my parents about it." I said.

"We can have a movie night, eat snacks and have fun!" She said.

"Awesome!" Lita said.

"Okay, but let's make sure that we get there before it gets really bad." Natalie said.

I got a feeling that we're in for a long cold night! Snow is suppose to get up to at least three feet around nine tonight, so we'll have to be indoors by then.

***

Back at my house I asked my parents if it was okay to stay at Will's house, they were hesitant but they finally agreed.

"It's fine with me Toby, but please promise me that you won't go outside under any circumstances." Mom said.

"I promise." I said.

"Good, if you need anything just call me son." Dad said.

"I will Dad." I smiled at him.

"Well it's almost eight, the snow is starting to come down." Tori said looking out of the window.

"Okay I better get going." I said. "What are you and Trina gonna do Tori?"

"Well our friends are coming over here for the storm." Tori said.

"Wait they are?" Dad curiously asked.

"Yeah if it's okay with you." Tori smiled.

"Fine, but please don't destroy my beautiful living room." Dad joked.