Locked in the Barn

Friday April 11th, 2014

Toby's POV

Today after school, we decided to go help out Natalie's parents at their ranch to take care of some of the animals. Myself, Lita, Maya, and Josh went to the farm that was owned by Natalie's parents. We had to pet sit them while they were going to a party that they were invited to. They went over the rules and instructions for us as we wrote them down in a notebook.

"Okay, so do y'all understand?" Natalie asked.

I nodded. "We got it."

"Yeah, watching over cute farm animals is something I've always wanted to do!" Maya giggled.

"Everything you need is in this barn." Natalie pointed. "But make sure this hatch stays up once you enter."

"Okay." I slowly said.

She smiled at us. "Alright, well I guess there's nothing else to explain, you guys got this!"

"So what kind of party are you going to Nat?" Lita asked.

"It's a family dinner, me, my parents, and Julie and Cody were invited." She explained. "It's my aunt's party."

"Cool." Us four said.

"Well it's time for me to leave, it's five thirty and we have to be there around six thirty." She said.

"Bye Natalie." We said.

"See ya, oh yeah, Will is going to come over so he can take you guys home." She said.

She left and we were now by ourselves. "Welp it's up to us now." I chuckled.

"So what do we do first?" Josh asked.

"Let's count the eggs." Lita suggested.

We went over to where the chickens were and saw a bunch of eggs to be counted. After counting them all, we were all worn out.

"Gosh! That was a lot of counting!" Maya said.

We then fed the chickens and milked the cows and also, fed the horses. After about thirty minutes we took a break in the Barn. We were sitting on the few piles of hay that was in there.

"What time is it?" Lita asked.

"It's almost six thirty." I said.

"Sheesh, it's already almost been an hour?" Josh sat up on the sack of hay.

"When is will gonna get here?" Lita sighed.

After the small break we did some more work around the ranch until everything was completed. The last thing that we did was tidy up the barn to make it look neat.

"Finally we're done!" I wiped my forehead.

"Now all we have to do is I guess wait for my brother to get here." Josh said.

It's now almost seven p.m. and Will still hasn't gotten here. We're all sitting in the Barn waiting for him to show up.

"Ugh! My brother can be slow sometimes!" Josh exclaimed.

"Where is he?" Maya shifted in Josh's lap.

"Who knows." I said.

Seconds later, we heard a thump at the door making us all jump. We looked at each other in confusion.

"W-what was that?" Lita sounded scared.

I got up from the hay sack where I was sitting and went to the door. I tried to open it but it would move. I jiggled the handle but nothing was happening. I froze in place and slowly turned to face my friends.