Duet Song

Sunday August 3rd, 2014

Toby's POV

I'm in the kitchen getting me a snack when Tori rushed downstairs and right up to me with a big grin on her face.

"Toby! Toby! Guess what?" She happily said.

"What's up?" I shrugged.

"I just got an offer to record a song on Saturday!" She exclaimed.

"Really? That's awesome!" I said.

"Yeah, the song I'm going to do causes two people." Tori added.

"Cool, I think you and Andre are gonna sound great together." I said as I started walking away with my snack.

"Toby." She called after me and I spun around. "Andre is not the one I'm doing the song with."

"Then who?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Well... I was going to ask if you wanted to do it with me?" She grinned.

I looked shocked when she asked me that. "Me?" I pointed at myself.

"Yeah sure why not?" She said.

"I don't know about that Tori." I replied.

"Oh come on, you sounded really good when you sung for Lita." Tori added.

"Yeah but..." I trailed.

"But what?" She frowned.

I looked at her and smiled. "Nothing, I'll think about it."

"Great, well I'm gonna go work on my part of the song." She hurried upstairs.

"Wait Tori!" I called for her.

"Yeah?" She said.

"How come Andre isn't doing this with you?" I asked.

"Because he's too busy taking care of his grandmother." She said.

"Bummer!" I said.

"Toby, that's not nice!" Tori shook her head.

"What?" I frowned.

"How is Andre taking care of his grandmother a bummer?" She wrinkled her eyebrows.

"I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about the fact that he's not able to help you out." I grinned.

"Oh." She giggled and continued up the stairs.

I plopped on the couch and sighed. How can I possibly sing next to Tori? Her voice is way better than mine. She has years of experience of singing, I only sung one time. She'll definitely outshine me.

***

I was over at Josh's house and I told him about what Tori wanted me to do.

"Dude that's a great offer Toby!" He exclaimed. "You definitely should consider doing it!"

"I don't know man, Tori is a true singer. And I'm just a one hit wonder." I sighed.

"You were pretty good when you sung for Lita bro." He said.

"Yeah but that was out of love, I never meant to be a singer. Just a guitar player." I replied. "The only reason I'm doing this is because Tori doesn't have Andre to help her."

"Why not?" Josh asked.

"Because he's busy taking care of his grandmother." I said.

"That's a bummer." Josh said.

"Him taking care of his grandmother is a bummer?" I frowned.

"No him not being able to help your sister Tori is a bummer dude!" He grinned.