Give Me Egg Break

Tuesday May 27th, 2014

***

Toby's POV

At school, me and my friends were at our lockers talking about the Memorial Day cookout that my dad had yesterday.

"That was such a fun cookout yesterday Toby!" Lita exclaimed.

"The food was great." Maya said.

"Yeah it was just as fun as trolling my sweet Maya every now and then!" Josh laughed.

Maya frowned at him. "Watch it buster!"

I laughed and shook my head. "Yeah my dad is so a cool guy to be around, I'm lucky to have him as my dad."

"Hey Toby, did you and Tori made up after that party?" Lita asked.

"Yeah we did, she actually was impressed when I ate those doughnuts." I laughed.

"Yeah that was pretty great, even though we got caught." Lita shrugged.

"Yeah thanks to this clown right here!" Maya glared at Josh.

"Yeah thanks to that clown Josh, I can't believe he got us caught!" Josh said with sarcasm.

Lita and I looked at each other as we both realized what Josh was doing and held in our laughter. Maya grabbed Josh's shoulders and stared a hole into him.

"Are you trying to get on my nerves?" She said to him.

"No, I'm trying to get on your good side so that way we can kiss and make up!" Josh stuck his tongue out at her in a playful way.

"You're still not off the hook for getting us caught buster!" Maya got closer in his face.

Josh grinned and unexpectedly planted a kiss on Maya's lips. "I love you." He said.

Maya bit her lip and blushed. "Ugh you're so annoyingly cute!"

Lane came over to talk to us about something. "Hey kids."

"Hey Lane how's it going?" I said.

"Pretty good, but listen I need a favor from you guys." He said.

"What's up?" I said.

"Follow me!" He motioned.

We followed him into his office and he showed us an breakable medium-sized egg on his desk.

"You see this egg here, this is a gift for my mother, so what I need for you guys to do is watch it for me because I'm going with my mom to her appointment in a few minutes." He explained.

"Okay cool, is it a birthday present or something?" I asked.

"Yup, her birthday is on June the 1st, I can trust you four right?" He scanned us.

"Yeah." Me, Lita, and Maya said.

"Meh." Josh said causing Maya to hunch him.

"We got it Lane." Lita smiled.

"Great, well I better got going and you guys better get to class before you're late." Lane smiled.

We said bye to Lane and the four of us started walking to class.

"Really Josh?" Maya looked at him.

"Really what?" He wrinkled his eyebrows.

"You said, meh when Lane asked us to watch his birthday gift for his mother." Maya said.

"Yeah I did, I mean come on, why are we babysitting another object?" Josh groaned.

"Don't be such a baby." Maya said.