Falling

"This is who I am nobody said you had to like it." I whispered to the man in front of me as his stern face scrunched up even more at my impassive face, my golden eyes boring into his soul.

"You could at least show some emotion! A comrade had died!" He yelled at me not seeming to notice a crowd growing around us as I stuffed a hand in my pocket my other hand clenching around the worn handle of my quinque case. His dark eyes glared down at me in anger at how he couldn't get the reaction he wanted out of me as I let out a soft sigh.

"Listen here Inspector Koutarou but I don't really care." I hissed out drawing a muffled gasp from the audience around us. "I don't care that he was your mentor either, he knew the dangers of the job the moment he picked up his first quinque. Nothing you say can change that either. So get it through that smart head of yours, people die. It's the natural cycle of life, so stop bugging me about it." I stated before leaning down and picking up my other case as I turned on my heel sharply, the small heels I was wearing making sharp clicks on the hard flooring. It had been a few weeks, since the death of Mado and Amon had not stopped himself from bugging me about not saying anything to Akira about the loss  of her father. I sighed rubbing my forehead as I headed out the door happy at the thought that he had at let chosen to question me just as I was about to leave for the night. Hinami had left yesterday to help plan the rescue of Kaneki while I began to help the CCG for the raid on Aogiri Tree leaving me alone in my apartment.

"Life is a pain." I muttered as I unlocked the door to my apartment just as I sharp pain went through my head. I let out a hiss before turning around facing my attacker, my kakuhou shining in full rage as they ran toward me. I barely ducked their next attack causing their kagune to hit the wall behind me. I sighed as the rage left my body as I summoned a tail, my body weaving as his own kagune aimed to immobilize me and hit me in the leg, shredding the muscles in it. I leapt through the hole in the wall as someone else came up from behind me hitting me where his companion had hit me earlier causing my sight to darken as the darkness surrounded me.

--small time skip--

I let out a groan as I rolled my head backwards before trying to move my hands. Forcing my eyes open I looked around before a shiver of realization shot through me. The bloodstained checkered floor, the red and black walls, the imposing ceiling that went so high it became dark, and the fact that Kaneki was sitting across from me told me everything I needed to know as I tried my restraints again. The hard clinking of metal chains met my ears just as our jailer made his appearance. I analyzed him quickly and immediately recognized that he was the "Jason" ghoul that some of the higher ups including myself had been hunting. My neck cracked as I stared the man down, piercing gold staying calm and cold as the man came closer to me a needle in hand. His fingers cracked loudly causing Kaneki to flinch and struggle to get away from the large blond man. My eyes sharpened in hate as my eyesight moved to Kaneki seeing how different he seemed now than how he had been at Anteiku.

"What am I doing here Yamori." I growled out causing a deranged smile to appear on the mans ugly face causing the hairs on the back of my neck to bristle as he moved the needle closer to my eye. I growled at him before maneuvering my head, my sharp teeth digging deeply into his pale hand. The blond let out a growl as my teeth drew blood, ripping through muscle before he punched my head where I had been hit earlier causing me to let go, spitting out his nasty blood.

"Don't struggle. I'll just make it extra painful." He whispered in my ear as he pulled my eyelid away and with the hand I had bitten his blood dripping in making me want to blink, before stabbing the sharp needle into the inside of my eyelid. I didn't flinch at it having had already gone through this years ago, although a small gurgle of pain came unwillingly from my mouth. Yamori frowned as he took the needle from my eye forcefully, probably having had hoped for a better reaction than I had given him.

"RC inhibition fluid? Really? You're going to have to try better than that to get me to scream, my pain tolerance is pretty high from what I've been through." I replied causing his bloody fist to clinch in anger at my words. He lunged out smashing his fist into my face causing my head to crack to the right with the brute force of it. I glared at him from the corner of my eye causing him to smirk. I flexed my jaw feeling the muscles flex as my tongue flicked over a cut that I had accidentally made by biting my cheek when he had punched me.

"Come on, fight back. Aren't you a top class inspector?" He asked taunting me as I spat the blood I had collected in my mouth at his shoes. I watched as he made his way to a tray full of torture devices his hands picking up a pair of clippers covered in both liquid and dried blood. He leaned over dramatically clicking the torture device maniacally before grabbing my bare foot. My eyes landed on Kaneki, giving him a reassuring smile at the harsh sound of my toes being clipped off. He watched me in surprise at my reaction as I let out a slight hiss as the man poured salt on it from his pocket, causing my regeneration process to slow.

"That only stings slightly." I said through clenched teeth, golden eyes still focused on Kaneki. He seemed to gasp out a little as the gecko like man punched me in the stomach. I allowed a little blood to dribble out of my mouth as he moved to a box of what looked like nails. The white suited man leaned down as he pushed the metal piece into the bare skin of my leg, urging it forward into the bone. I let out  a low groan, my arms moving slightly causing a small clink. His evil eyes widened in happiness as he turned to Kaneki, the clippers back in his hand as he cut the small limbs off of him. The boy let out a loud cry as he watched them be put into a large bucket, his blood draining out into a large puddle under his feet. My body moved as far forward as it could causing my dark hair to fall like a curtain, as I listened to the pain filled screams that came out of the poor boy's mouth.