Pranks...

Readers: Asks me to update and that they like the story.
Me: *keeps calm composure* Thats nice, thank you.
Also me though: *Blushes while screaming at the top of my lungs in my head as I read all the comments.* You guys don't know how happy these make me feel or even that you've waited so long for me to update. I'm a horrible writer for making you wait so long!! (*^;.;^*)
Also also me: *slides new chapter over to readers* Please keep commenting they actually make me feel productive. Happy Holidays everyone!!

Kichi watched her charge with interest as he told her about his day. His excitement visible in his body language and eyes as he told her about the genin exams that were to take place the day after tomorrow. She was one hundred percent sure that he was going to pass them, the people around him always underestimated his skills.

"I'm sure you will excel in them. Now why don't we get you to bed, hm? The more rest you get the higher the chance of success for your prank tomorrow. I do hope you bought that water based paint I told you 'bout so you can scrub it off easily when you're caught." Naruto nodded quickly as he allowed her to gently propel him towards his room. This new room, unlike his old one when she had first became his caretaker, was extremely clean so it only took a few seconds for them to make it to his bed.

A few seconds later and he was safely tucked into bed and sleeping soundly. Kichi was slightly envious of his ability to fall asleep so soundly. Her sleep was often plagued by the faces of the dead, of those she had betrayed or couldn't protect. A small groan shook her from these thoughts as she gently maneuvered her hand over the young boys brow. Her touch seeming to reassure the boy that she was still there even if he was still asleep.

Then again it wasn't like she didn't have something here to protect, she thought calmly giving the boy a soft kiss on the forehead before slowly standing. She left the room with barely a sound as her tails flicked the door closed silently behind her. Her stomach rumbled softly even though she had eaten a large meal with Naruto barely even two hours ago.

A sure sign that she needed to go on a mission soon, but her hunger could wait after Narutos graduation. She didn't care that at the moment her stomach felt like it was just about digesting the rest of her body. Her... what should she even call Naruto now? Charge sounded far too impersonal. Son was far too personal and who knew how the boy would even react to her calling him that.

She stopped in her tracks, realizing that she had been pacing in the living room while her thoughts ran amuck. Her tails now a large weaving knot of colors that would be a pain to undo. It had been a long time since she had done that. Mindlessly pacing enough to tie her own tails into an almost unfixable knot.

The last time had been when... She stopped that train of that as quickly as it started and focused back at the problem at hand. From what Naruto's teacher, Iruka, had told her when she had asked that her charge was still having trouble with the clone jutsu. Supposedly one of if not the easiest of the three jutsu's they taught at the academy. That he might not be able to graduate because of it.

Kichi found it hard to believe though. She couldn't preform any jutsu's after all and was limited to the power of her tails to wield the elements. The tails along with the hand to hand combat that she was quickly picking back up on was her only means of offense and defense. Her chakra reserves being far too low to even procure the most basic of jutsu's other than water and tree walking without deadly consequences.

In fact the only reason her tails could use the elements at all was because they absorbed the chakra of whoever she ate. Storing the persons elemental chakra into specialized organs in the tail and changing their colors to match the elemental organ in each limb. Each limb only being able to regenerate the same amount of chakra that was eaten by converting extra RC cells to chakra. Her only teacher, a man around her age with freckles across his tanned skin as numerous as the stars in the sky. His eyes a dark ashy grey that couldn't decide on being black or silver and a grin to match the ones she would often see Kaneki's friend give him whenever the blond had come to Anteiku to visit his friend. He had been the one to help her figure everything out even though he probably didn't understand half of the theories that she had rambled out. Golden eyes blinked owlishly as she went over the middle of her rant.