Volume 1; Part 7

Alexia finished the tour with us, in the end I was told to go to a room. Where they held media meetings and recorded for the channel. My father didn't want to join me for the media, so he stayed with Alexia. She was more than glad to have his company, I was slightly concerned because I'm sure my father would embarrass me. Probably tell her stories about me as a baby or something, and I didn't need my worst enemy to know.

I went through a little session of interviews about how I felt coming back home, the transfer window and what's to come here at Barca. A lot of the journalist were excited to see me, most of them have never seen me in person. Need less to say, they were big fans, and I even signed some stuff for them during the session.

"Hemos escuchado cómo se siente Alexia, pero queríamos saberlo de usted también. Teniendo en cuenta que ambas están nombradas como las mejores futbolistas del mundo, ¿cómo se siente jugar juntas?" ( We've heard how Alexia feels, but we wanted to hear from you too. Considering that you are both named the best female soccer players in the world, how does it feel to play together?)

"Para ser honesta, estoy muy feliz por esto. Sin duda es una jugadora increíble, con un gran liderazgo. He sido un gran admirador suyo durante mucho tiempo, sus logros aquí en el Barça fueron muy merecidos. Entonces, Si! Me hace mucha ilusión jugar con ella y ganarlo todo con ella, con este gran equipo por supuesto." (To be honest, I am very happy about this. Without a doubt she is an incredible player, with great leadership. I have been a big admirer of her for a long time, her achievements here at Barça were well deserved. So yes! I'm very excited to play with her and win everything with her, with this great team of course)

I know this rivalry has been such a turmoil for the community of futbol Femenino, it ruins the idea of supporting each other. We are known to be the best, and we can't get along. What example does that set for younger girls?

Alexia's comments have obviously been interpreted as jealousy, or even envy. Which has always been like that, To which usually I don't speak about. I'm a player of very few words, but I know things have to change now. We share the same stage, now more then ever. As it has been expressed for a long time now, I have so much respect for her. The fans and the people know that, but we just can't seem to look past it. Or at least, she won't try. We are fortunate enough to be in the same topic of conversation, like Ronaldo and Messi.

Who's the greatest of all time? Alexia or Adriana?

"Gracias por venir a hablar con nosotros. Estamos seguros de que estas semanas han sido muy intensas al volver a casa." (Thank you for coming to talk to us. We are sure that these weeks have been very intense upon returning home)

"El primer día fue mucho para asimilar pero no, estoy emocionado de estar aquí. Como la mayoría de ustedes saben, soy uno de esos jugadoras que prefieren mostrar el juego que sentarse y hablar, pero necesitamos un nuevo cambio. Llegué al Barça con la intención de crecer como jugadora y como persona. En otras palabras, si quieres escuchar mis pensamientos y opiniones. Solo pide por mí y estaré aquí." (The first day was a lot to take in but no, I'm excited to be here. As most of you know, I'm one of those players who would rather show the game than sit and talk, but we need a new change. I came to Barça with the intention of growing as a player and as a person. So along with the change, if you want to hear my thoughts and opinions. Just ask for me and I'll be here)

We finally end the session, and the door of the room opens. Everyone starts whispering as they see Jenni Hermoso pop her head into the room.

"Estas lista chica?" (You ready, Girl) She asks me with a very cheeky smile. I bid goodbye to the journalists, and get up to walk out with her. Before I make it the door, I couldn't help but pull her into an embrace. I haven't seen her in a while, needless to say I missed her. We hear cameras clicking, " me extrañaste eh?" (you missed me huh) the sounds of people laughing, knowing the closeness we have. I also have a good friendship with Panos and Mapi here at Barca. Of course all the National teammates as well, so I'm really excited to play with them.