11

Ricky smiled at the brewed coffee. He turned and flinched when he saw Matthew eyeing him with his arms crossed.

"Ah you scared me" Ricky said covering the mug.
Matthew looked at Ricky from head to toe and squinted his eyes. He slowly started walking towards Ricky.

He looked at Ricky as he walked round him in circles. Ricky sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"What is it this time?" Ricky asked and Matthew shrugged. "I'm just trying to figure out what made you special to be this close to Tae. Sure, I like your dramas but honestly, what else?"

Ricky looked at Matthew's scornful face.
"Maybe because I'm actually not jealous when he speaks to other people. I'm sure Tae Rae appreciates that" Ricky said and Matthew glared at him.

"Oh my gosh, the tension is so tight. I could even feel it from upstairs" Gyuvin said as he got into the kitchen. He placed his hand on Ricky's shoulder.

"Cut the ice with my bro okay?" Gyuvin said to Matthew. Ricky eyed Gyuvin's hand on his shoulder and flicked it off in disgust. He was just so uncomfortable with close gestures.

"I'll give Tae Rae his coffee" Ricky said and left the kitchen. Gyuvin chuckled and shook his head. He noticed that Ricky was less affectionate but that didn't stop him.

He planned on making Ricky his friend because he saw how much Tae Rae valued him.

Matthew scoffed and opened the fridge to get a bottled water. Gyuvin grabbed an apple and sat on the island as he watched Matthew.

"I honestly don't get why you don't like Ricky. I mean, I get he's a little-okay he's a lot snobbish but he's actually a good guy. Don't you see how he is with Tae Rae? I think he's the type that takes time to get familiar with people" Gyuvin finished and bit his apple.

Matthew rolled his eyes "Not like I want to be familiar with him. People like this, I can easily see through them" He said poking his fingers at Gyuvin.

"I don't know why I can't trust him with Tae Rae. I feel like he'll be really invested in Tae Rae and then disappear. I don't want Tae Rae to suffer that"
Matthew said and Gyuvin sighed.

"He's a good friend to Tae Rae, Matthew. Don't overthink" Gyuvin said and grabbed another apple.

"Whatever you say. I'll still stand by my opinion, he looks like a total bad energy. I know something's wrong with him. He must not be okay up here"
Matthew said tapping his head.

"Anyways, I'll keep an eye out for him. He seems like someone that'll bring Tae Rae bad luck" Matthew said and Gyuvin sighed not wanting to argue with Matthew.

Ricky who was standing outside, clenched the mug in his hand. He looked down and looked back up. He could feel his heart feel so heavy.

All he ever did was take care of Tae Rae.

"Why does everyone have a problem with me?"
He muttered and bit on his lip. He didn't want to break down. He had heard worse things. He thought he would have become immune to the bad words.

But they just hurt worse each time. He wiped his eyes and walked away.

-

Ricky placed the coffee on the table softly not wanting to disturb Tae Rae. Tae Rae was currently singing while playing the guitar.

Ricky rested his back on the wall and watched
Tae Rae. The Ost Tae Rae was going to sing for his drama was a sad one since the drama was a very sad one.

Ricky was very popular as all the dramas he had been in were sad ones. He just couldn't find himself portraying a happy character. Each character he had played as had one or two strings connected to him.

That made him project his acts very well. The drama he was currently working on was about sacrifice. He accepted the role even though he couldn't fully connect.

He had sacrificed a lot to be were he was but he still felt like he couldn't connect with the character.

Hearing Tae Rae sing made him break loose. He could feel the walls he built up start to break down. Tae Rae was his favorite musician for a reason.

It was as if all of Tae Rae's songs were directly speaking to him.

Hearing Tae Rae sing, he didn't even know when he started tearing up. He had held so much in his heart, being afraid to be called a weakling like he used to be called.

He tried so hard and had not let anyone in. He slowly slid down the wall, forgetting were he was, all he could hear was Tae Rae's voice. He saw himself in the song very clearly.

Everyone misunderstood him. No one cared to see the world from his perspective. He had shut people out because he had been made fun of in the past by people he opened up to.

He felt his heart clench as he quietly sobbed. He felt so sick. He felt so tired. So tired of being like how he was.

When Tae Rae finished singing, he heard sobs.
Although Tae Rae had finished singing, Ricky was still crying. He just got lost in his emotions.

Tae Rae followed the sobbing sounds "Ricky?-Ah!"
He yelled when he knocked over the coffee mug making the hot coffee to spill on his hands.

He fell back clutching his hand in pain. Ricky got out of his thoughts when he heard Tae Rae's scream.

"Tae Rae! Are you okay? What happened?" He asked worried and looked at Tae Rae's red hand.

Tae Rae shook his head "Don't worry about me, you were crying right? Why were you crying?" Tae Rae asked as he gently felt Ricky's face, he could feel the tears that were still prominent on his face.

Ricky wiped his tears "We can talk about me later, let's get you treated" He said softly as he helped
Tae Rae stand up.