18

It's been a day and Tae Rae finally woke up.
Zhanghao told Ji Woong about Ricky, being Tae Rae's donor and how he didn't make it.

They decided not to bury Ricky yet and not to tell
Tae Rae till his sight has been fully restored.

"Hyung..can I see Ricky now? Has he come back?"
Tae Rae asked and Ji Woong looked at Matthew and Gyuvin before he looked back at him.

"I told you, Ricky still has some scenes to shoot in China. It was urgent and he can't come back till he's done. You know how his scandal is still going on
Tae, any call he makes will be suspicious"
Ji Woong lied through his teeth.

Tae Rae sighed. He just wanted to hear Ricky's voice, even if not his presence, just his voice. He wanted Ricky to be the first person he would talk to and see after his surgery.

"I guess so.." he muttered and sighed again.

"Ricky promised to video call you when you can see better..so.. focus on your rest Tae Rae" Ji Woong said and Tae Rae nodded with his heavy heart.

Timeskip..

"How is this?" The doctor asked as he dimmed the lights. Tae Rae slowly nodded as he rubbed his temples. He was not mentally okay, he missed Ricky and just wished someone would take him to him.

The doctor did rounds of check ups on his eyes.
"Your healing is amazing and is rapid. By next week, you'll be out of here, but of course, with your glasses and medication"

Tae Rae was not even looking at the doctor, neither was he listening. He was looking out the window, imagining how wonderful and magical it would be when Ricky comes back from China to see him.

A smile crept on his face as he remembered their last shared kiss. His heart warmed at the memory,
"When he comes back, I'll tell him I like him too"
He muttered to himself as a subtle blush appeared on his face.

He turned and saw that the doctor had left already.

He got out of the bed and put on the glasses the doctor told him to wear for now because of his eyes sensitivity. He still couldn't believe he could actually see. He could finally see the colors Ricky told him so much about.

He could finally see Ji Woong, Matthew, Gyuvin...

He was happy but still felt empty.

He was about to open the door  fully but he saw Zhanghao and Ji Woong discussing outside the door. Hanbin stood beside Zhanghao with a sad face just like theirs.

Tae Rae peeked through the door. He saw Zhanghao with a big bag in his hand while it looked like Ji Woong was blocking him from doing something.

"Listen, I know you care for your brother but..I'm sure Ricky would love Tae Rae having these. It's the least I can do" Zhanghao said with a grim voice.

Tae Rae's brows furrowed in confusion.

"We agreed to tell him about Ricky after he's discharged. Please...just wait a little. Tae Rae still thinks Ricky's alive" Ji Woong said looking at Zhanghao with a sad expression.

Tae Rae's mouth unconsciously opened. He slowly opened the door. "What...what do you mean by that Hyung?" Tae Rae asked, grabbing all their attention.

Ji Woong's eyes slightly widened as he didn't know
Tae Rae overheard them. He looked at Zhanghao.
"He has to know. We can't keep it from him forever"
Zhanghao said, worrying Tae Rae even more.

"Tae Rae..." Ji Woong started and Tae Rae gulped.

"You know how we suddenly got a donor for your corneal surgery?" Ji Woong asked and Tae Rae nodded. "That was actually Ricky" he said and
Tae Rae gasped.

"He kept it a secret from you.. and.." Ji Woong paused, finding the rest hard to say. Tae Rae held
Ji Woong's shoulders. "What is it Hyung? Tell me"

Ji Woong sighed. "Due to an anesthetic overdose during the surgery...Ricky couldn't make it" Ji Woong said and felt Tae Rae's hands slip off his shoulders.

Tae Rae stood there. Looking at Ji Woong.
"W-What?" He muttered as he felt his chest tightening in.

Zhanghao sighed and held Tae Rae's hand.
"Ricky's gone Tae Rae" he said and looked away as he felt tears start to form.

Zhanghao saw that Tae Rae was still in shock.
He gently placed the bag he held in front of Tae Rae.
The bag belonged to Ricky. It had his belongings.

Zhanghao turned to Hanbin and Ji Woong.
"Let's give him some time alone" Zhanghao said.

Tae Rae got out of his shock when he felt tears run down his cheeks. He slid down the wall, clutching his chest, gasping for breath.

It was as if he was cut out of oxygen. He looked down as saw the bag Zhanghao dropped. His shaking hands slowly opened it. At the top was a framed portrait.

Tae Rae threw his glasses on the floor and slowly took out the picture. His breath hitched and he went full on crying as he looked at Ricky's portrait.

He never imagined seeing Ricky's face in this manner. His fingers glazed over the picture, from his eyes to his nose to his lips. Every feature.

Tae Rae's heart shattered as the thought of him never seeing Ricky again. He pressed the portrait to his chest and he looked into the bag.

He took out a camera. His hands worked the buttons soon Tae Rae began watching videos of Ricky and himself. That only crushed him more.