12

Tae Rae wavered his hand in the air once Ricky was done applying the ointment. Ricky went and dropped the ointment and got back into the room.

"I think you should take a break for now. Don't get the burns tensed" Ricky said and Tae Rae nodded.

"Ricky...if you don't mind, can you tell me why you were crying?" Tae Rae asked. Ricky stared at
Tae Rae. He looked at his hand and saw Tae Rae softly rubbing his against it.

"I..I was just so drawn into your song" Ricky said.
Tae Rae did not say anything when Ricky said that. He was not dumb to not know that there was another reason.

He sighed "Ricky.." he called and Ricky looked back at him.

"You know I'm always on your side, right?" Tae Rae muttered as he smiled and squeezed Ricky's hand.

Ricky nodded to himself and still let his hand be grabbed by Tae Rae. He stared at Tae Rae for sometime before muttering. "I know"

-

Once Tae Rae woke up, he could already feel the tension of the day. After all, he couldn't forget what brought the tension to the day.

He took out a lighter from the kitchen cabinet and a pack of incense sticks. He counted his steps and stopped in front of a picture. He placed the incense aligned on a base and lit the sticks.

He sighed loudly. "Happy birthday SuWon" he muttered. It was a picture of a girl, his late sister in particular.

He shut his eyes tight and began muttering prayers for her. If one would ask Tae Rae what his biggest regret about being blind was, he would simply say
'Not being there for my sister'.

Tae Rae was almost content with his life being blind. That was till his sister died. After she died, Tae Rae tagged himself as a useless person. He hated himself so much that he wished he was the one dead.

Tae Rae buried himself in guilt each time he remembered the incident.

Tae Rae was in middle school, Ji Woong in high school and SuWon, who just got into middle school.

The three of them usually went to school together,
Ji Woong would stop by at their school and then head to his school. It had always been that way.

Their parents were average government workers so they were frequently busy and occupied. They only ever escorted the three to their schools if a major problem arises.

All was well till a day when their parents travelled on a week business trip. Ji Woong was in his final year of high school so he was always preparing for his exams.

That day, he had a exam way earlier than usual. He got dressed quickly and was about to leave but he stopped and told Tae Rae and SuWon that he was leaving.

He instructed SuWon to safely go to school with
Tae Rae. Tae Rae was the older one but SuWon was too matured for her young age so her and Ji Woong thought alike.

SuWon was really caring and possessive coming towards Tae Rae, she infact treated him like a younger brother which Tae Rae adored and was grateful for.

After Ji Woong left, SuWon and Tae Rae began preparing for school. When they were ready, a knock came to their door. SuWon went and opened the door thinking Ji Woong forgot something.

But the person was far too different from Ji Woong.
It was a bulky middle aged man. SuWon was confused, before she could even ask for his details, he pushed her in and closed the door.

Tae Rae heard the door bang and slowly got out worriedly. "SuWon? Who was knocking?" He asked.

SuWon looked at the grinning man in fear.
"O-Oppa! Help me–
She suddenly shouted when the man gripped her hair. He began laying punches on her face to knock her out.

Tae Rae's eyes widened in horror. He ran to the sound only for the man to yank him away. He fell and knocked his head on the table. He lost consciousness. When he was slowly regaining his conscience, all he could hear were grunts.

Disgusting grunts from the man and his sister's cry.
"O-Oppa-help..p-please help me" SuWon kept muttering. Tae Rae lost control of his body, the push had a big impact on his body.

As he laid on the floor, all he could hear was the traumatizing sounds coming from his sister being raped. He fell unconscious after a pain came to his head. He laid there, as his sister was raped to death.

Tae Rae let out a quiet shriveled gasp as he recalled the incident. He sadly smiled and let out a big sigh.
He blamed himself for her death. He tagged himself as the murderer after her death.

But as he grew up, he found solace in their memories. He didn't want to dwell in the tragedy.
As he once remembered a conversation he had with her. He asked her what she would do if any of their family member passed away.

He heard her sigh first as she thought.
"Oppa, obviously I'd be sad. But...I'll think then. Would they really want me to be sad forever? Probably not. So what I'd do is think about all the good times we spent and be happy about it..I think of it as a win-win"

And that was what Tae Rae did. He took after her words. SuWon thought him to love himself, she showered Tae Rae with love. She always told Tae Rae that it was better to be nice and create good memories with someone so when they leave, you'll think of their memories as them still being with you.

Tae Rae smiled as he remembered her words.
She will forever be a despicable role in Tae Rae's life as she thought him how to love and heal others.