16

Ricky heard quiet sniffles coming from his side, he turned and saw Tae Rae wiping his tears. Ricky got really worried and faced him. "Hey..stop crying!"

"Why are you crying?!" Ricky frantically asked as he removed Tae Rae's hands from his face.

"Because I feel sorry for you. I can't do anything for you. I'm so sorry" Tae Rae said. Ricky quickly looked away when he felt his eyes sting. Seeing Tae Rae cry flicked something in him.

"But you shouldn't blame yourself Ricky. You don't have to blame yourself because you stood for yourself. What has happened, has happened. You don't need to keep dying in the past Ricky"
Tae Rae said and grabbed Ricky's hand.

"You have me, you have Hao hyung, you have Hanbin hyung and even Junho, You are worthy of living Ricky. I don't want you to ever feel like you don't deserve to be alive because you have every reason to be alive. Please don't ever say that"
He said and squeezed Ricky's hand.

Ricky enveloped him in a tight hug. Tae Rae hugged him back because he knew he needed it. They stayed in that position for long, just enjoying each other's company.

"Ricky, I've decided to go under surgery. I'm ready now and Ji Woong hyung is looking for a cornea donor" Tae Rae said and Ricky quickly stood up and faced Tae Rae.

"For real?" Ricky asked and Tae Rae nodded.

"That's a big step Tae Rae, I'm happy for you. I really hope you go under the surgery successfully" Ricky said lovingly ruffling Tae Rae's hair.

"Mm then I can finally see you" Tae Rae muttered and rested back on Ricky's chest. "I really hope so Tae Rae. I have a lot to show you and do with you"
Ricky dreamily said making Tae Rae smile.

Tae Rae sighed and closed his eyes as he enjoyed Ricky's embrace.

-

It's been a week now, meaning a week more before Ricky leaves and goes back to China. He just wanted Tae Rae to see him before his time elapses but there hasn't really been a donor whose cornea matches
Tae Rae's.

So Ricky took it upon himself to see Tae Rae's Ophthalmologist.

"So I'm a perfect match for Tae Rae?" Ricky asked as a smile formed on his face. The doctor nodded
"Yes". "What are we waiting for? I can fix an appointment for the surgery now right?" Ricky asked.

"Yes but I have to tell you the complications that may occur to you. But bear in mind, the chance of occurrences is not high. Infection in the cornea or inside the eye. Bleeding. Glaucoma, increased pressure inside your eye. Fluid leakage from your cornea. Detached retina. It doesn't occur often so be rest assured"

Ricky stared at the doctor before nodding.
"Please contact Tae Rae's guardian but keep my identity anonymous" Ricky said "Sure"
The doctor said smiling.

-

Ricky opened the door and saw Tae Rae with a box.
"You came early" Ricky muttered as Tae Rae walked in. "Mm I have news to share" Tae Rae said and sat on the couch.

Ricky saw Tae Rae's smile and unconsciously smiled, he sat beside Tae Rae and softly held his hand.
"What's got you smiling like this?" Ricky asked and Tae Rae scooted closer smiling.

"The doctor called Ji Woong hyung, There's a donor"
Tae Rae said grinning. "What? Really?! That's great Tae Rae" Ricky said and hugged Tae Rae.

"He made an appointment this Friday. Isn't that great?" Tae Rae said smiling. Ricky softly brushed Tae Rae's hair backwards as he watched him smile.

"That's amazing Tae" Ricky said and Tae Rae smiled wider hearing the nickname from Ricky.

"Tae?" Tae Rae said and Ricky's eyes widened when he realized what he said.

"I-..It slipped out Tae Rae. I- I'm sorry–

Tae Rae placed his hand on Ricky's mouth.
"It's okay Ricky...I actually like it..a lot. I want you to keep calling me that" Tae Rae softly said.

Ricky saw Tae Rae's flustered face and a smile unconsciously crept up on his face. Ricky's eyes darted to the box Tae Rae came with.

"What's in the box?" He asked. Tae Rae muttered an 'Oh' as he grabbed the box. "I baked cookies" He muttered as he opened the small box.

Tae Rae took a cookie. "Do you want to eat? I baked them for you" Tae Rae softly said, not wanting to force Ricky.

Ricky shook his head "Yeah..It's from you, so yes"
Ricky said and he saw Tae Rae smile widely as he fed him the cookie.

"It's good" Ricky said and Tae Rae brushed his hair backwards dramatically. "Of course it is, I'm the Master baker" He said and chuckled along with Ricky.

They kept quiet as they ate the cookies, just enjoying each other's company. Ricky's eyes darted over to Tae Rae. He looked at Tae Rae's hands and slowly intertwined their hands.

He quickly looked away as he felt his face heat up from the warmth of their hands. He felt Tae Rae lean in and place his head on his chest.

Ricky's lips formed a line as he tried to stop his heart from beating fast. Tae Rae snuggled closer to Ricky.

Ricky looked at Tae Rae. He didn't understand why he started feeling differently towards Tae Rae. His face would heat up each time he touches Tae Rae,

He would instantly get interested when Tae Rae's around. He sighed as he rubbed his temples.

Tae Rae heard Ricky's sigh and raised his head from his chest. "Why the sigh? Is something bothering you?" He worriedly asked.

Ricky stared at Tae Rae. "Can I kiss you?"