"Nice moves!" | side chapter

3rd person POV

Flicking through your colourful records Y/n finally finds the one they were looking for. They carefully take it out the battered sleeve and put it on the record player. It starts spinning and "Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy" by Queen starts to play.

Y/n stands up and walk over to where a smiling Pip stood.

"I do not understand how someone could love a song so much Y/n." Pip stated, having listen to his dear friend play it over and over.

"But it's Queen!! Everyone loves Queen!" Y/n explains, their scuffed-up converses rubbing against the fluffy rug.

"I agree, Queen are a very good band, but it's not the best for ball dancing." Pip chuckled.

Y/n sighed, "Yeah I guess," they started up again, "okay enough talking, let's get this show on the road!" They smile cheerfully.

Pip brings his gloved hands up to taller teen and puts them on their shoulder and hip, Y/n copies.

"Now, I am going to teach you a box step, very simple." Pip explained, the LP scratches and skips a bit, "Move your left foot backwards."

Y/n does as they are told, Pip then moves his polished brown leather shoe where Y/n foot once was. "This is so fun!" Y/n says.

"Isn't it, dear?" He asks sweetly.

As Y/n steadily dances and Pip leads, the LP spinning in the background jumps ever so slightly. The words fuzzy and pop from time to time. The wind outside was cold and brisk, perfect for autumn.

Pip lightly chuckles and continues to teach Y/n the simple dance, "Now, move your foot to the side." Y/n moves their foot to the left, "Wrong side dear."

"Oh..." Y/n grins sheepishly, "like this?" They ask.

"Perfect Y/n." Pip says with a smile on his face, "I'll do the same." He follows with his own foot.

"Wooo! I'm getting the hang of this!" Y/n says excitedly, their feet moving more swiftly and gracefully now.

"You're a very fast learner dear." Pip smiles at Y/n as they glide around the room. "What do you say we learn the Waltz now?" He asks sweetly.

"I'd love tha-" Y/n was interrupted by a tap noise on the window. The two look at each other and walk to the window.

"Open up love birds!" A voice was heard from outside. Y/n opens the window and peers down. "We're going to the mall, you coming?" Gregory yells up from the ground, Christophe next to him with a few small pebbles in his hand.

"Of course! We'll be right down." Y/n yells back then shuts the window, "Come on, we're going shopping." They say, turning back to Pip.

He smiles and turns the record player off, "Let's go then!" Pip gently takes Y/n's hand and leads them out room and down the stairs. The two grab their coats and hats on the way out.