02 | friendship over commitment

♫ Music Playing: Nevertheless by Night Off

Jennie looks at her room window to check if Jisoo is already at home. But to her disappointment the basketball captain is not yet home. Jennie is getting irritated. Why is he not yet home?

She almost sent a text message to Jisoo when she saw his room has a lights on. Looks like Jisoo just got home.

Jennie ran downstairs bumping into her mother who just arrived home too.

"Where are you going, young lady?" Chaerin asks her daughter and Jennie stops on her track looking at her mother.

Jennie turned around as she answered her mother, "I'll go to Aunt Dara's house."

"Can you give me a kiss first before you leave?" Chaerin pointed to her right cheek.

Jennie walked upstairs to kiss her mother on both cheeks. And ran downstairs again as she was done kissing her.

"Be careful Jennie Kim!" Chaerin told her daughter as she saw Jennie had already gone off their main door. She shakes her head her daughter is already excited to see Jisoo rather than her mother.

Jennie walks inside Kim's house. She saw Sandara cooking in the kitchen.

"Auntie, is Ji is already here?" Jennie asked Sandara as the older Kim looked at her.

"Yep. He just arrived. He's in his room right now." Sandara said as she went back to cook the dinner.

"Thank you!" Jennie runs upstairs.

Opening Jisoo's room without knocking Jennie got surprised seeing Jisoo in his boxer shorts.

"I'm changing clothes!" Jisoo said as he saw Jennie enter his room, "Can you knock?" He looks at Jennie eyebrows raising.

Jennie turned around the moment she saw Jisoo almost naked, "I'm sorry!" She apologizes back facing Jisoo.

"What are you doing here?" Jisoo asked as he wore his jogger pants and sweater.

"I'm here because I want to talk to you," Jennie answered waiting for Jisoo to tell her he's fully dressed and can look at him.

"I'm good. You can turn around now." Jisoo announced to Jennie as his fully dressed in jogger pants and sweater.

Jennie turns around and makes her way to his bed and lies down.

"Where have you been?" Jennie asks as fast as she leans on her hands resting her elbows on the bed looking at Jisoo curiously.

"In a friend's house," Jisoo said shortly. Sitting down in his bed looking at Jennie emotionless.

"Who's a friend?" Jennie follows up with a question.

"You are being weird, Jen." Jisoo said crossing his arms and raising her eyebrows, "How's your date?" He asked as he looked at Jennie's eyes.

"Answer my question first before I answer yours," Jennie said folding her legs in cross as she sat down in Jisoo's bed. Crossing her arms too and raising her eyebrows.

"It's a new friend of mine." Jisoo answers shortly, "So- how's your date."

"Who's a friend? Is it the transfer student from Busan University?" Jennie narrows her eyes at Jisoo.

"Isn't supposed to be I answer your question and you answer mine in vice versa?"

"Fine! It was good." Jennie said as she remembered what happened to her date with Jongin, "It was nice the way he talked and also romantic. He had planned everything on our first date. He also didn't touch me without asking me first. The kind of ideal man I was looking for." She said as her cat-eyes are looking at the ceiling remembering how sweet Jongin was.