CHAPTER 3

"NOTHING can kill an original

"NOTHING can kill an original. Not sun, not fire." Elijah spoke as they all exited the Lockwood home.

"Not even a werewolf bite." Lorena continued.

"Only the wood from one tree. A tree, my family made sure burned."

"That's where the white ash for the dagger comes from." Elena noted.

"Yes. Every creature needs to have a weakness to maintain the balance."

"So the sun can't kill an Original. Why is Klaus so obsessed with breaking the sun and moon curse?"

"It's all so Biblical sounding, don't you think?" Elijah chuckled.

"What's so funny?"

"The curse of the sun and moon, is fake. Simply doesn't exist." Lorena and Elijah walked off as Elena stood in shock.

"What?"

"Klaus and I faked the sun and moon curse dating back to over a thousand years

"Klaus and I faked the sun and moon curse dating back to over a thousand years."

"But if there's no curse."

"There is a curse. Just not that one."

"The real one is much more worse. It's one place on my husband."

Lorena paused as Elena's phone began to buzz.

"What are you guys talking about?"

"Klaus has been trying to break it and you are his only hope." Elijah spoke up as he paused in his tracks.

"Well then what is this curse?"

Elijah ignored her question. "Your phone will not stop its buzzing. Answer it." Elijah handed her phone out to her.

Elena answered the phone before speaking frantically. "No. Okay I'll be right there." She hung it up before looking at the two. "Klaus went after Jenna. I have to go to her."

"I'm afraid that isn't apart of todays arrangements." Elijah said.

"She's my family Elijah. I have to. I'll be back. You have my word."