CHAPTER 7

LORENA sat in the car her legs kicked in Klaus's lap

"Are we there yet?" She asked for what felt like the hundredth time.

"Yes my love, we are here."

"Really?" Lorena removed her legs from his lap sitting up in her seat as she looked out the window.

"Yes. This is the address."

"You won't use that god forsaken American accent right?" She practically pleaded with him.

"No promises love." He got out of the car moving to her side as he opened her door. "Stefan we should be quick, but you know what to do if not."

Stefan didn't respond to him. He had been moody the entirety of the summer trip. Klaus and Lorena in that time had made up in sorts. He still walked on eggshells when speaking with her as she walked on eggshells to avoid being daggered once more.

Lorena watched as a women came out looking for something. "We shouldn't scare her." Lorena advised.

"It makes it more fun when they're scared."

Lorena held on as Klaus sped them closer to the woman.

"Rudy!" The woman bent down before looking back up gasping as Klaus and Lorena were now in her vision.

"I am so sorry." The accent was back. "We didn't didn't mean to scare you."

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah, our car ran out of gas a couple of miles back and my wife really needs to use a restroom. And your house is the first house we've reached. So we were just hoping if I could use your phone."

"And the bathroom honey." Lorena said slapping his shoulder playfully. "I'm sorry I just really need to go."

"Don't you have a cellphone?"

"Hah. Yeah both batteries are dead." Klaus pulled out his phone flashing the black screen to her.

"Look I promise that we aren't serial killers or anything. We just need a phone."

The girl sighed. "Sure."

"So we can come in?"

"No. I'll get the phone and bring it out to you. There's a bathroom in the backyard I could lead you to as well." Lorena scoffed offended that the girl would think she was ever use a shed to pee.

Klaus's expression darkened as he returned to his normal accent. "I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting."

The girl sassily responded. "I'm from Florida."

"Well that explains it." Klaus sped to her catching her neck as he compelled her.

"Now show me a little southern hospitality. Sweet pea."