CHAPTER 14.

"NIK, how long are we going to be back in this horrid town for?" Lorena said as she placed her head on Klaus's chest

"Not long my love I promise you that, we will be traveling soon enough, We just need to figure out what's wrong with my hybrids. How to keep them alive and what not." Lorena smiled and pecked a kiss to Klaus's cheek.

"I'll hold you to that."

"I'm sure you will my love." Klaus said as he smiled back down at her.

"You guys are disgusting." Rebekah started. Klaus rolled his eyes. "I'm sorry no one will ever love you and your little heart, little sister."

Rebekah rolled her eyes as she replied to his comment. "You made sure of that after you compelled Stefan and daggered me."

Lorena slapped his chest as she held in her laugh. "Nik! Rebekah, Stop fighting each other. Besides, we have a doppelgänger to see!" Lorena smiled mischievously as she wished that she would be the one to kill the doppelgänger, well to perform the ritual how it should have been in the first place.

"I'm going to meet up with Stefan. I trust you two can handle everything else."

"Of course we can Rebekah."

Lorena and Klaus walked hand in hand into the school. Lorena waited until Rebekah was farther ahead as she spoke up. She turned Klaus around and looked deeply in his eyes. "Nik, I want to perform the ritual tonight."

Klaus looked down at her as he took in what she had said. "Absolutely not-"

"I know you were going to say that but Nik, I think I can do it."

"Love, it's too dangerous, you could die."

"Have you forgotten? I'm an original, besides it'll take a lot more than one spell to kill me Nik."

"Lorena-"

"Nik. Please, let me do this, I know I can do it." Lorena began to try and reassure him as she placed a hand to his face. "I want to help, I know I can do this Nik. I want to be able to make your hybrids. So we need to make sure this ritual happens the right way."

"Love." Klaus leaned into her hand that rested on his face as he placed his own hand on top of her own placing a kiss to her palm.

"Nik, let me do this for you. For us."

Klaus sighed as he leaned down and placed a kiss to her forehead.

"I wish you weren't so stubborn. It's one of the reasons why I love you so much." Lorena smiled up at him. "And my love?"

"Yes?" Lorena replied.

"Our hybrids, you're in just as much control, as am I."

To those words Lorena leaned up and placed a kiss on his lips, she sighed softly as she waited until he kissed her back softly.