CHAPTER 17.

LORENA paused as she stood on the inside a room of the Mikealson home

She sighed softly wondering how she had gotten here. She had spent a majority of her day with her family and the Mikealson women in the house.

Her mother had informed her that she was going to be introduced to her future husband. She was going to meet him for the first time.

She paused as she felt a presence behind her. Turning around she saw Esther.

"Lady Mikealson." She bowed.

Esther held out a hand for her to stop. "I didn't except you to comply in my little experiment."

Lorena looked to Esther confusingly.

Esther looked around. "It was quite hard to try and get all of the little pieces together but I think I did a successful job."

"You." Lorena moved closer to her. "You're behind all of this? All of the flashes I've had of my mother and this dream?"

"It isn't a dream Lorena, it's a memory. Of when you met Niklaus, my children, they are a danger Lorena."

"They are vampires-"

"Yes my own mistake. To find out Niklaus has broken his spell and plans to use the doppelgängers blood to make more hybrids is quite disturbing, Lorena."

Lorena rolled her eyes. "He's only doing so to protect us all, from your crazy husband."

"What did you mean when saying the blood of the doppelgänger? I thought she was meant to be sacrificed."

"Witches set out lies when they realized Niklaus was trying to break the spell I placed upon him, the doppelgänger was never meant to be sacrificed. Upon transition the werewolf would need to drink the blood of the doppelgänger."

Lorena came to the realization. "That's why he was able to break his own spell, he drank Elena's blood."

"I thought you would have it figured out by now Lorena, unfortunately I was wrong."

Lorena looked at her suspiciously. "Why are you telling me all of this?"

"Because Lorena, we are witches, I trust that when I need your help you will help me."

"And why would I help you?"

"Because if you don't I'll make sure you never wake up again."