CHAPTER 8

"YOU okay? Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asked Stefan as the three of them a walked up the smoky mountains

"I'm fine." Stefan replied harshly.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit down." Klaus continued to mock him as Lorena took it as her chance.

"Nik." Klaus immediately turned to her voice as she was walking a little further away from them as she was lagging behind. "I'm tired and you know I hate walking." Stefan continued to walk noticing Klaus stop waiting for his wife to catch up to them before she got onto his back. As they didn't use words but the two knew what each other meant.

Lorena wrapped her arms around the back of his neck resting her head on his back. "Thank you." She whispered to him. "Of course my love." Klaus turned back to Stefan. "I'm sure Lorena wouldn't mind taking turns with you." He continued to poke jokes at him as Stefan replied.

"You know I get that we're, stuck together but maybe we could just skip the chitchat. That'd be great."

"So much brooding. Your self loathing is suffocating you, my friend. Nevertheless I have my wife here who is more than enough entertainment." Klaus paused before he continued. "Isn't that right my love?" Klaus waited for a response from her as he began to hear a soft snore from her.

"Your entertainment seems to be asleep." Stefan noted. "Also maybe I'm self loathing because I'm tired of hunting werewolves we've only been at it all summer."

"And thanks to our pal Ray, we've found ourselves a pack." The two looked into the distance noticing the people camped in the woods. Going about their day as normal. Having no idea of what was about to happen.

Stefan began to walk up as Klaus fixed up Lorena on his back before following him. The wolves began to notice the three tensing as they slowly began to defend themselves.

Stefan continued to stalk closer to them before he paused placing Rays body to the ground.

"Ray! Oh my god." One of the wolves exclaimed as she ran to his side. Another man joined her side as he looked up to them.

"Who are you?" She asked Stefan.

"The important question is who am I." Klaus spoke from beside Stefan, meeting his side. "Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

The woman got up slowly before responding. "You're the hybrid."

"You've heard of me. Fantastic."