✦𝓑𝓸𝓻𝓷 𝓸𝓯 𝓗𝓪𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓭✦

❝𝒮𝑜 𝒾𝓉'𝓈 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝑒, 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝒾𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝑜𝓃𝑒, 𝑔𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒻 𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓅𝒶𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒.❞ 

~𝐸.𝒜 𝐵𝓊𝒸𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒶𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒾

It's not like Opalite's story taught you much.

Well, it's obvious that you have some sort of connection to eclipses; that much is obvious. Suffice to say that you were the child who was blessed with an eclipse. But, other than that, not much insight was given about anything else. Not what happened with Ashi at the boba shop, who quit his job and decided to study abroad in America. He went on about how "tomorrow isn't promised" and "unwillingly attacking civilians taught him about the real beauty of life, the risk." The whole thing was terribly boring, and you hadn't paid him any mind while he droned on about one thing or another.

Of course, there were more important things to worry about at the moment.

Currently, you are in Haruka's kitchen; she already had to leave to go to the race track. Opalite and Vision had practically vanished. And now, you cook rice for your school lunch, left alone with your thoughts.

Your thoughts have much to say.

Somehow, they all manage to make their way back to Taiotsu and Mamoru.

At first, their disappearances hadn't impacted you much. But somehow, you feel uneasy. Maybe your brain needed to catch up with all that had happened. Regardless, you feel somehow responsible for their abductions.

After all, if you hadn't just been standing there, welcoming the crystal to crush you, they wouldn't have needed to push you out of the way.

And then, of course, there's your terribly conflicting feelings regarding Usagi.

When you think about her, you feel overcome with despair and then hatred. The tidal wave of emotions crashes against your brain, and it burns to think about it.

That's you, sister; you hate her so much, yet you love her plenty at the same time.

Maybe you need to talk to someone.

Practically automatically, you've packed your bento, and it's time to start walking to school.

Yep, just about time to head out.

It's time to go.

Just go.

It's so hard to make your legs move. Your stomach lurches and churns at the idea of seeing Usagi. Anxiety clutches you tightly, and your breaths come out shaky and uneven.

What's the worst that can happen?

Only going ballistic and destroying half of Tokyo.

Surely there's a worse fate than that.

You squeeze your eyes shut as you walk, thinking of all the good things that could happen to allow yourself to keep going.

Eventually, you make it to Juban. Has the walk always been so short? Maybe you should do it one more time, just to be sure that this is the right Juban Middle School.

You shake your head, trying to remind yourself that you actually have to go to school.

You walk slowly and purposefully, and you know you're early. Usagi wouldn't even be here anyway—

No, of course she would be. The day you depended on her terrible over-sleeping habit, she actually came to school early.

Though she is still sleeping, her head is cradled in her arms as she sleeps listlessly on the desk. You stiffen and silently make your way to your desk. You strongly regret allowing Usagi to pester the teacher into placing you two next to each other.