e t h a n

Mattheo Riddle

a week later..

i open the door slowly to madeleines dorm, seeing everything in place.

nothing moved, its exactly how she would've left it.

i walk in slowly, flicking on the light-switch and looking around.

i saw her roomates side of the room empty, like she left.

i wouldn't be surprised if she had to move to another dorm, madeleine missing and it would be hard to be alone in her dorm.

i walked inside the bathroom, looking around me.. trying to find anything.

i dont even know why i came in here, nobody has found madeleine and that gryffindor disappeared as well before they even could get suspended.

i flick on the bathroom light and look down at the counter, seeing the sink water running.

'shit..' i mumble, slowly turning off the sink.

how long was it running for? if madeleines roomate was here to pack up, why didn't she turn it off?

i run my hands down the counter slowly, looking around me for anything that could tell me where she went.

i know we never made up, and im so pissed at myself for never apologizing— i just hate myself for saying what i did.

it was shitty, i know. but i dont know what to do.

i snapped out of my thoughts once i heard what it sounded like metal drop.

i look down at the floor, seeing a shiny silver necklace laying there right by my foot.

i leaned down, picking it up between my fingers and looking at the shiny substance.

m.r

i fucked up.

oh my god i fucked up so bad.

-

i licked my dry lips, laying on the cold dorm walls and looking around me.

i had nothing to do, i didn't know what to do.

my chest was heavy and i felt light headed like i could pass out any moment.

fuck it.

'im sorry maddy.' i mumble under my breath, reaching under my bed and pulling out a bottle of liquor, looking at it.

'hey.' maddy smiles, then quickly stopping once she saw the glass in my hand.

'what happened?' she asked, walking to me slowly.

'i just, im fucking stressed.' i groan, running my hands through my hair.

'about what?' she asked, grabbing a chair and scooting it over to sit with me.