9. A Part Where Ridhima And Aryan Sleeps Together

"I am Ridhima Sanskar, Aryans–"

"–Girlfriend." Aryan piped in, fibbing to his mother. And then he squeezed my hand.

His mom glanced intermittently between us.  "The one you were referring to for three months?" She pried, astounding me and giving me a once-over.

He nodded, "Mom, I just came to know that I am going to be a father soon. So. Can you please give us a moment?"

"Of course. I will be in the living room." Then she wandered away giving us privacy.

As soon as she left, I bragged, "How could lie..." But Aryan clutched my mouth and pushed me against the counter.

"Hear me first!" he demanded. I narrowed my brows. "Nod your head!" He demanded again. I nodded.

"You are not pregnant."

I furrowed my brows.

"Hmm...fumm..." I tried to protest.

"Ms. Sanskar, nothing happened between us that night. You were drunk and took your frustration on me by tearing my shirt and attempting to murder me. And I played along and lied that we slept. We just slept beside each other but didn't perform any sex." So, he played all these days with me. Then why didn't I receive my period, if I am not pregnant?

And I perceived a second retching in my stomach. "Ummm..." He left me asap. I whirled and emptied another plateful of noodles and Manchurian.

Surprisingly, Aryan held my hair, until I emptied the content. When I whirled he used the kitchen roll to wipe my mouth. "how do you feel, now?" 

"Empty and light."

"Restrain from eating unhealthy food!"

"It's not because of the food," I argued. "And answer me why you lie to your mom. We barely knew each other for a month."

"Recently she bombarded my head with female suitors. I didn't want to marry, this early, so I fibbed that I have a girlfriend. She wanted to meet you...I mean my fake girlfriend. I denied saying she needed some time before she presented herself in front of my family." He explained and then demanded, "Now come and act like we have been dating for three months."

"I will not."

"Ms. Sanskar."

"First apologize for what you spat on me in your cabin on Friday afternoon."

He took a deep breath, a trace of fury was seen in his eyes. "Why did you flirt with Mr. Shah?"

"I just make people happy, Mr. Malhotra. Which doesn't mean I am flirting with them."

He stared at me and I stared back at him, "Sorry."

I crossed my arms on my chest and demanded, "Louder, please."

"SORRY!"

"And say please Ridhima be my girlfriend–" I rephrased them, "–I mean act as my girlfriend."

He twitched his lower jaw and beseeched "Please Ridhima be my girlfriend."

Hearing my name for the first time from his mouth didn't warm my heart but made me puke again. There was nothing romantic in his tone. "Fine, give me a few minutes so that I get ready as a perfect Indian girlfriend material." Now. A small smile started to form on his lips. "And what about the fake pregnancy news." For a moment the feeling of being pregnant made me feel a completely different female. But it did disappoint me to learn that I am not pregnant. It didn't matter I slept with him but being pregnant is something big.

And I decided instantly that if no one married me, I would buy sperm from the market and get pregnant.

"I will take care of it," He assured. I walked to the door and again whirled, as I thought it was the time I switched on my mischievous self. I smirked at the new thought, "If you want me to act as your girlfriend, then I have one condition."