10. A Part Where Aryan Tries To Kiss Her

We were on our way to Aryan industries. I sat in my regular spot that's beside Aryan in the back seat. As it was the first of the new month, Aryan's schedule was tight. He had back-to-back meetings to attend and even conference calls.

When I stepped into Aryan's bungalow as his assistant, a month ago, I hadn't anticipated that I would develop feelings for him. I will curl my toes because of his gaze. I will feel the palpitations of my heart because of our proximity. And I will yearn for his touch on my petite form.

Aryan handed me an envelope, "Here!"

I grinned at him, "Oh, Are you firing me again?"

"Disappointment with your enthusiasm. But. No. Open it." I opened it and it was a check for 100,000 rupees. "It's your salary for one month."

"I have a salary in this job," I wondered.

"Yes. Ms. Sanskar, I guess you didn't read the last clause of the contract. It's 125,000. Since you joined on the fifth of this month, I deducted 25,000."

"Thank you."

"You deserve it!" he replied. I beamed at his words.

I never got a salary. I started my life by calculating my cafe income. It's profit and loss. But the moment I sat behind my desk, I transferred the salary to my cafe workers and my old apartment rent to Sam. I promised my cafe helpers that until I worked for Aryan I would transfer their salary every month unconcerned whether they help me or not. I was left with half of my salary until then, which I decided to spend on buying gifts for my old and new friends.

When I saw Aryan was not occupied with any call or work, I went to disturb him to discuss an important matter, "As I received my salary today. Can I go shopping with Prince, after work?"

He just nodded with his eyes glued to the folders on his desk.

"We might eat out tonight. So you don't need to wait for me at dinner," I informed him and wandered away without waiting for his response.

As the clock struck to five, I strolled to the powder room. I brushed my hair and tied it up in a ponytail. I put some gloss and walked out of the room. I was thrilled to shop tonight and even go out.

Hopping like a bunny, I made my way to the parking lot. I spotted Prince waiting for me in Aryan's car. Pulling open the passenger side door, I jumped inside the car, "Let's go...I am so excited to go shopping and even to be away from your grumpy boss after one month." I rambled and squealed in enthusiasm.

"Ehem..." Prince coughed.

"Let's celebrate," I yelled.

"EHEM!!!" This time he coughed at high volume, drawing my attention towards him. And he gestured to the back seat with his eyes.

I spun my head and the face of grumpy Aryan stared back at me, "Oh, I said I would be missing you, Mr. Malhotra." I rephrased my words, cursing him inwardly, "Are we dropping you home first?"

"I have to buy something too."

I only wished for a few hours to stay away from him which seems to be impossible in this generation.

We went to a mall, where I strolled from shop to shop to get all the gifts. Prince didn't leave my side. But Aryan sat in the lounge area and attended his calls.

When he wants to stay on call the whole time then why did he come shopping?

I bought a watch for Manik, a goggles for Prince, a bracelet for Sam, and a cute Apron for Sandhya. For Parvathi, I thought of buying a saree. So we moved to the store of sarees.