Ch. 5 Truth Game

Captain America's appearance was like a spark that ignited the prelude to the superhero era. Spider-Woman and the Fantastic Four were just some of the more well-known entities among them. Others, such as Daredevil, Iron Fist, Ghost Rider, Blade, and other superheroes, made their appearances one after another.

Since there were superheroes, it was only natural that super-villains would emerge as well. However, compared to the influx of superheroes, the number of super-villains was relatively fewer for the time being.

The reason was simple: these super-villains not only had to contend with the attacks of the superheroes, but also with official forces and the treachery of their peers. In the world of super-villains, being enemies with colleagues was even more pronounced.

For instance, there was only one Earth, but there were more than one super-villain who wanted to conquer and destroy it.

So, the issue of who would conquer and destroy Earth became an internal problem that the super-villains needed to address.

"I'll have someone investigate the anonymous call to see if we can find any useful information from it."

"However, do you need to explain your behavior from yesterday now?"

Although he already knew Diana's origins, Russell had never disclosed this fact.

Now that he had a chance to openly inquire about how Diana ended up in this world, he wouldn't easily let go of this opportunity.

Upon hearing Russell's inquiry, Diana put down the knife and fork in her hand, a complex expression appearing on her lovely face.

After several seconds of silence, she began to speak slowly, "I... am not from this world."

During the time that followed, Diana did not hide anything and told her story in great detail.

As Diana confessed her origins, Russell compared the information he knew in his mind. While he knew that Diana was from the neighboring DC world, he didn't know which universe of the neighboring DC world she hailed from.

In terms of the number of parallel universes, the Marvel Universe, with its infinite parallel universes, was far more abundant than DC's mere 52 parallel universes.

However, even with that in mind, it didn't necessarily mean that the Diana before him was the same Wonder Woman he knew of.

Diana's explanation was swift.

In less than ten minutes, Russell had a general understanding of Diana's life experiences.

In simple terms, Diana's past experiences weren't too different from what he remembered. She grew up on Themyscira, was brought to the human world during World War I, and ultimately defeated the instigator of the war, the god of war Ares.

In 1984, she defeated Cheetah and resolved the "Dreamstone" crisis.

Later on, she met Superman and Batman, and the three of them joined forces to defeat Doomsday.

Up to that point, Diana's life experiences matched Russell's memories.

However, after Superman's death, Diana left human society and returned to Themyscira. A few years later, after dealing with a devil attempting to invade the human world, she was struck by a red lightning bolt.

When she woke up, she had already been transported to this world.

In terms of time, she had crossed over a year before Russell.

After Diana finished, Russell furrowed his brows slightly.

Her method of crossing over was somewhat clichéd!