Ch. 8 The Assassin of the Brotherhood

After being rejected by Russell again, Perkins didn't continue trying to seduce him. She reverted to her usual aloof beauty persona.

After chatting with Perkins for a while and catching up on the major events in the hitman world over the past week, Russell settled Perkins' bill and left the bar.

Over the past week, he had been focused on activating the "Venom Symbiote" and hadn't paid much attention to the hitman world.

Aside from the Punisher seemingly targeting hitmen, he heard something interesting.

The Brotherhood, a self-proclaimed righteous group of hitmen in New York, had experienced a case of a hitman defecting.

And the defector from the Brotherhood was none other than their ace hitman, Cross.

Although all were hitmen, those from the Brotherhood and the ones at the Continental Hotel were worlds apart.

Firstly, the Brotherhood's hitmen didn't kill for money; they killed for what they believed was justice.

Or rather, they believed they were doing God's work.

Through a mystical fate-weaving device, God's will was communicated via encrypted names.

Their duty was to kill the individuals whose names appeared.

As for why the targets deserved to die, they didn't concern themselves with that. It was all God's will!

Furthermore, the hitmen of the Brotherhood possessed an intricate technique known as "Bullet Curving."

Conventional bullets traveled in a straight line.

By analyzing the barrel, one could predict the trajectory.

But the bullets shot using Bullet Curving were flexible; they could bend, change direction, and even create loops in mid-air if needed.

While this might not be scientific at all, the world's great scientists, like Uncle Newton, Uncle Einstein, and Mr. Darwin, should have long been accustomed to such things. They probably wouldn't even flinch at opening a coffin to take a look.

It's just bullets that can turn, nothing too extraordinary.

Some people can even swing on a lightning bolt!

Like someone in Russell's family.

Before he crossed over to this world, Russell had already heard of the Brotherhood's reputation.

Their Bullet Curving technique and the voluntary control of adrenaline left a deep impression on him.

Though he had some interest in these abilities, he hadn't come into contact with the Brotherhood's assassins after becoming one himself.

They were all a bunch of brainwashed individuals.

Getting involved with them without clear benefits would bring more harm than good.

The current leader of the Brotherhood, Sloan, wasn't a good person either.

The defection of Cross from the Brotherhood indicated that Sloan had also realized this.

More importantly, in Russell's view, those who believed a spinning machine could weave a language of destiny weren't very bright.

A spinning machine manufactured a thousand years ago would naturally produce errors while weaving threads – that was perfectly normal.

Even modern computers can experience strange bugs with extended use.

And, let alone an ancient spinning machine that's a thousand years old.