Ch. 9 The Mad Traveler

While S.H.I.E.L.D. might hold some biases against superpowered individuals, arson and house-burning aren't their style.

Relatively speaking, it's more in line with something Hydra would do.

Of course, this is just Russell's current speculation.

Whether it's Hydra or not, he can't be a hundred percent sure right now.

After entering the hotel lobby, he went straight to Charon at the front desk, took out a coin, and placed it in front of Charon.

"I want to know who burned down my office."

Russell stated directly.

As a direct-owned assassin of the Continental Hotel, Charon was well aware of his public identity.

And not only Charon, anyone remotely familiar with him knew he owned a detective agency called "Octopus Monster," like Perkins and other colleagues.

"Very well, Mr. Bradley!"

Dressed in a gentle and cultured manner that made him look like a butler, Charon accepted the coin and promptly responded.

Russell nodded and turned to sit in the lounge area, patiently waiting.

The Continental Hotel, being a hotel under the High Table, naturally included intelligence gathering.

Of course, for more specialized information, one would have to purchase it from dedicated information brokers.

But for something as simple as finding out who burned down his office, the hotel's own intelligence network would be sufficient.

Russell hadn't been seated for more than ten minutes when Charon, dressed in a sharp suit, approached with a piece of paper bearing a name written on it.

"Sir, this is the information you requested."

Charon handed the paper to Russell.

Taking a glance at the paper, Russell couldn't help but frown.

It wasn't S.H.I.E.L.D.!

It wasn't Hydra!

Instead, it was two codenames he wasn't unfamiliar with.

The Cross and the Punisher!

"What on earth is going on?"

Russell asked Charon.

"They had a confrontation in your office, and after a fierce battle, both sides left. Your office caught fire afterwards."

Charon quickly explained.

They fought in my office and then set it on fire?

What did my office do to deserve this kind of treatment?

Suppressing his displeasure, Russell took out four coins from his pocket and handed them to Charon.

"I want to know where both of them are."

Looking at the four coins Russell handed over, Charon didn't immediately take them. He hesitated for a few seconds before accepting two of them.

"Two will suffice, sir. The other person you're looking for is right here."

After taking two coins, Charon pointed towards the hotel's entrance.

Following the direction indicated by Charon's finger, Russell saw something that clashed with the hotel's style – Cross.

The Cross!

The ace assassin of the Brotherhood!

A seemingly ordinary middle-aged man.