Ch. 20 Are You Incapable?

The expedited fee of four coins.

A bit pricey!

If Russell hadn't been providing his services at the Continental Hotel for some time, he might have suspected that Charon was acting as a middleman to skim off the price difference.

At face value, the expedited fee of four coins was twice the information fee he paid yesterday, which was slightly unreasonable.

However, considering the Punisher's capabilities, the four-coin expedited fee was not entirely unaffordable.

As the hotel's ace assassin, the hotel wouldn't shortchange him in this regard.

Without hesitation, Russell took out four coins from his pocket and placed them in front of Charon.

Charon accepted the coins, displaying a flawlessly professional smile.

"Mr. Bradley, Mr. Winston wanted me to convey to you that you might consider taking a break during this period."

The Winston Charon mentioned was the head of the New York Continental Hotel.

Although Russell was the hotel's ace assassin, he had only met Winston a couple of times.

For Winston to have Charon relay this message, it was simply a reminder for him to keep a low profile.

While the New York Police Department hadn't yet linked him to the annihilation of the Textile Factory, the hotel was fully aware of the situation.

Yesterday, he had accepted a contract for the Cross in the hotel lobby.

His office had also been burned down due to the clash with the Cross.

If the hotel couldn't deduce this much, then Winston and the hotel's intelligence personnel might as well collectively resign.

"Please thank Mr. Winston for his kind intentions, but I don't have any plans to rest for now."

Until the Punisher was dead, he wouldn't stop.

Only vigilance for a thousand days can prevent theft for a thousand days.

If he didn't kill the Punisher, there was no telling when the Punisher might locate his apartment.

That guy was a true paranoid.

Let alone using a rocket launcher to level his apartment, even if he used C4 to blow it up, as long as the Punisher deemed it necessary, he would do it without any psychological burden.

As for whether other tenants in the apartment might suffer collateral damage, that wasn't within his consideration.

The hotel's underground bar.

After paying the entry fee of one coin, Russell took a seat in an unoccupied booth and ordered a bottle of whisky from a server.

He hadn't been sitting for long when the icy beauty, Perkins, walked over.

"Did you do the Brotherhood's thing?" Perkins asked directly after lighting a ladylike cigarette.

"It's quite obvious, isn't it?"

"Aren't you afraid of attracting the attention of the New York Police Department?"

"Arrests require evidence. I'm just a law-abiding private detective who never evades taxes."

Russell picked up the whisky that had just been brought by the server, poured a glass for himself and Perkins, and smiled.

A case involving dozens of deaths would indeed draw the attention of the New York Police Department.