Ch. 10 The Cross's Commission

"I want to commission you to kill Sloan?"

As expected!

Just as he had anticipated!

When the system displayed the reward information, Russell had already guessed it.

"Sloan is the leader of the Brotherhood, and killing him won't be easy."

"A friendly reminder, my minimum fee for a single operation is $350,000. Are you sure you can afford the compensation for a target of Sloan's level?"

If it were any other assassin, possessing the skills of the Cross would surely make them a multimillionaire, if not a multimillionaire at least.

But the issue is, the Brotherhood's assassins are unconventional.

In their eyes, they are assassins of destiny, chosen by God as divine executioners.

While "Divine Executioner" sounds great, God won't be paying them fees.

Compared to assassins of similar caliber, the Brotherhood's assassins are far from wealthy.

This is evident from the weapons they use daily.

If it weren't for their mastery of unscientific marksmanship like the art of bullet-curving, they would be an assassin organization lacking substantial funding.

In New York, a cash-strapped and ill-equipped assassin organization with limited manpower can be found quite easily.

"I have over three million dollars and more than twenty high table gold coins. As long as you kill Sloan, these are all yours."

Impressive!

It seems you've been taking private assignments often!

Tasks within the Brotherhood come without compensation, and a small textile factory wouldn't offer great employee benefits either.

Being able to kill for God is already an honor; discussing compensation would be considered vulgar!

The fact that the Cross managed to accumulate over three million dollars and more than twenty high table gold coins suggests that these are the rewards he received from private assignments.

"I'm not interested in knowing your personal grievances with Sloan."

"But you should know that even if I take your commission and Sloan dies, you will die as well."

The Cross was well aware of the prefixes that adorned Russell's assassin code name, the Traveler.

Over three million dollars and more than twenty high table gold coins should be sufficient to buy Sloan's life.

However, the matter of Russell's office being burnt down would make the Cross pay with his life.

Whether the burning was accidental or not had nothing to do with it; the moment he and the Punisher clashed in his office, it was destined for them to pay such a price.

This concerned the reputation Russell had deliberately cultivated, whether he could continue his ordinary and peaceful life.

Killing within the Continental Hotel meant being prepared to be killed by the hotel.

While Russell's office might not have such a written rule, unwritten rules were still rules.

"I understand. After Sloan dies, I will give you the reward and my life together."

The Cross said with unwavering determination.

Russell didn't respond immediately; he took a moment to think.