Ch. 24 Dignified Demise

Russell controlled the force of his right foot, making sure he didn't accidentally crush the Punisher to death.

If he had wanted to kill the Punisher right away, he could have done so when he charged out of the safe passage earlier, instead of toying with him like a villain.

"Stop struggling, you won't have a chance."

Controlled by the symbiote, Russell revealed half of his face and spoke slowly to the Punisher beneath his foot.

Although there was no chance of leaving here alive, the Punisher still wasn't ready to give up.

He drew the only weapon he had left on him, gripping the knife in his right hand and thrusting it fiercely toward Russell's right foot.

However, the moment he raised his hand, several black tendrils surged from Russell's right foot, binding his right hand.

Crack!

The black tendrils, similar to pythons, exerted slight pressure on the Punisher's right hand, and a crisp sound of bones breaking rang out.

With his arm broken, an intense pain spread throughout his body instantly.

Even so, the Punisher clenched his teeth tightly, refusing to let out a cry for mercy.

"Don't worry, your suffering will end soon."

Russell ignored the deadly gaze from the Punisher, allowing a few black tendrils to emerge from his body and bind to the Punisher.

Unlike Sloan, the Punisher didn't possess any extraordinary abilities.

He excelled in various forms of special operations, such as individual and team tactics, mastery of various firearms, as well as skills in combat, marksmanship, underwater operations, interrogation, and intelligence gathering.

From the perspective of an anti-hero, the Punisher wasn't particularly strong.

But from a warrior's point of view, he was an all-around hexagonal soldier.

If he had a chance to inject the Super Soldier Serum like Captain America had, he would have been akin to a darker version of Captain America.

Although the symbiote couldn't completely replicate the Punisher's abilities, especially the knowledge within his mind, that didn't matter.

What Russell currently sought were the combat skills that the Punisher had developed through rigorous Marine Corps training.

Human memory can be divided into two types.

One is declarative memory, containing factual information such as names, times, events, and words.

Declarative memory couldn't be copied by the symbiote, even after a long time of bonding.

This memory had nothing to do with physical skills, merely pure information.

However, the second type of memory, procedural memory, was different.

Procedural memory also resided in the brain, but it manifested directly in bodily instincts.

For example, brushing teeth, washing face, driving, using a computer, shooting, hand-to-hand combat, and more.

The Punisher's brain held a lot of procedural memories, and Russell was only interested in those related to combat.

As for the rest, he didn't need them.

He could replicate the Bullet Curving technique from Sloan because he copied the part of Sloan's procedural memory related to the Bullet Curving technique.