Ch. 21 The Sommelier

"Me? A S.H.I.E.L.D. agent?"

Perkins was stunned.

She hadn't expected that Russell would actually suspect her of being a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

For an assassin, this was a serious suspicion.

It could even be a potentially life-threatening suspicion.

Any assassin would naturally be wary of official agency operatives.

Whether those operatives were from S.H.I.E.L.D., the FBI, the CIA, MI6, or even former KGB agents from the now-dissolved Soviet intelligence agency, the KGB, they would all trigger caution from assassins.

More importantly, assassins were not police; they didn't need what was commonly called evidence.

As long as they had suspicions, they might eliminate you.

Whether there might be cases of mistaken identity wasn't within the assassins' considerations.

Russell remained silent, calmly gazing at Perkins.

Whether Perkins was a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent or not, he couldn't be certain. He only harbored this suspicion.

After all, in his memories, there was a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who looked identical to Perkins.

"Why do you think I'm a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent?" Perkins reverted to her icy beauty demeanor, frowning as she asked.

"Gut feeling!"

Gut feeling?

Hearing Russell's response, Perkins nearly couldn't resist pulling out her gun and shooting him right then and there.

Just because of a gut feeling, he suspects she a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent?

"Do you realize how much trouble this kind of suspicion could cause me?"

Perkins was truly unhappy now.

Considering Russell's reputation, if others were to find out that he suspected Perkins to be a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, fellow assassins might indeed mistake her for one. With her existing grudges among her peers, she might become a target for assassination sooner or later.

"I'm well aware of that, which is why I've never mentioned this suspicion to anyone else."

Russell poured himself another glass of whiskey, taking a sip with calm composure.

Seeing Russell's unchanged expression of tranquility, Perkins wished she could bite him a few times right now.

"I'm not a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent!"

Before leaving, Perkins spoke with intense seriousness.

Afterwards, she left the bar.

With Perkins gone, Russell patiently awaited the hotel's intelligence.

He had no intention of returning to the office until the Punisher was dealt with.

As he waited, noon arrived.

Hotel, restaurant.

Russell sat alone in the restaurant, enjoying his solitary lunch.

At this moment, the well-dressed Charon approached his table.

"Mr. Bradley, here is the information you requested."

Charon handed a piece of paper to Russell.

"Thank you."

"Is there anything else you need, sir?" Charon asked.

With the information in hand, Russell would normally head out immediately to take care of the Punisher. If he was to set out for an assassination, he would need the proper weaponry and equipment.