Ch. 18 Tonight's Night is Moist

"Stay safe. The fact that he's still alive means he's not too weak. Don't underestimate him."

Diana didn't see any issue with Russell taking down the Punisher.

Though killing wasn't a good thing, it depended on who was being killed.

Diana had never claimed to be a saint.

While the educational methods on Themyscira might have been a bit outdated, one thing they got right was that only a dead enemy was a good enemy.

Showing mercy to enemies not only risked one's own life but also the lives of family and friends.

Though Diana had only spent four years in this world, she had lived in human society for decades in the neighboring DC universe.

She hadn't missed the series of nonsensical events caused by so-called human rights.

If Russell wanted to kill an ordinary person who posed no threat to society, Diana would stop him.

Clearly, the Punisher didn't fall into this category.

On the surface, the Punisher only targeted guilty individuals.

However, it was important not to forget that violence often led to uncontrollable collateral damage.

And it was often ordinary people who bore the brunt of this collateral damage.

Without going too far, the fire at Russell's agency was a clear example.

If not for the timely arrival of the police and firefighters, more than just Russell's agency could have been burned.

After sharing what had happened today with Diana, Russell patted her flat abdomen, devoid of any excess fat.

"You've had a long day at work. You must be tired. Take a shower and get some rest!"

Russell's expression and tone were serious.

As soon as he finished speaking, Diana shot him a look.

After living together for two years, she could easily figure out what he was suggesting, even with her eyes closed.

Diana got up from the couch and left the living room, heading for the master bedroom.

Not long after, the sound of rushing water echoed from the master bathroom.

Upon hearing the sound of water, Russell got up and approached the bathroom door.

The door wasn't completely closed, leaving a thin yet obvious gap that hinted at possibilities.

Great!

This was the unspoken understanding between an old married couple.

Without hesitation, Russell pushed the door open and walked in.

The bathroom was enveloped in mist, and within it stood a form resembling the goddess Venus—a perfect figure.

The mist partially concealed this artistic body, leaving it visible yet hidden, creating an urge to unveil its true beauty.

Tonight's night was moist.

...

Russell slowly opened his eyes in the early morning of the second day.

Having been busy until midnight, he gently pulled his left arm out from under Diana's head, which she had been using as a pillow.

After moving his slightly numb left hand, he couldn't help but recall the wild scenes from last night.