Ch. 13 Fleeing at the Brink

The assassins that Russell had taken care of were merely ordinary members within the Brotherhood.

In short, they were just for show.

Only those assassins who were skilled in gun or possessed unique abilities could be considered elite members of the Brotherhood.

For example, Fox, the Mechanic, the Butcher, the Gunsmith, Mr. X, and others.

Russell hadn't reverted from his Venom form. Just as he was about to head to the second floor, a mobile phone suddenly rang.

"Wait a moment, I need to take a call!"

Russell partially dispelled his Venom form, revealing half of his face.

Under his control, the phone he had placed in his pocket emerged from his Venom-formed body, wrapped in black tendrils, and brought up to his ear.

Controlling the tendrils, he answered the call, and a electronically masked male voice echoed from the phone.

"Mr. Traveler, greetings. I am a hacker from the Rising Tide organization, you can call me Jack."

Jack's attitude was polite.

"I'm a bit busy right now, so let's get to the point. I need you to help me look up a phone number. I want to know who is behind that number. The reward is $50,000."

Russell stated directly, paying no mind to the fact that the Cross was right beside him.

"Sure, what's the number?" Jack asked.

For the Rising Tide organization, looking up a phone number wasn't difficult. And the reward of $50,000 was reasonable given the difficulty.

Jack had no reason to refuse.

Russell provided the anonymous phone number Diana had received yesterday to Jack.

"As per our protocol, I'll need to collect half of the fee upfront," Jack stated again.

"Alright, send me the account details!"

Russell had barely finished speaking when he received the bank account details sent by Jack.

Without hesitation, he logged into his overseas bank account and transferred $50,000.

"Mr. Traveler, we usually only collect half the fee in advance."

Seeing that Russell had transferred the entire fee at once, Jack reminded him.

"I know, I just didn't want to make two transactions."

After saying this, Russell hung up the call, and the black tendrils put the phone back "inside" him.

"Alright, let's go!"

Having resolved this unexpected interruption, Russell returned to his complete Venom form.

Textile factory, second floor.

Sloan's office.

The office, decorated much like a study, was crowded with key members of the Brotherhood.

Sloan, who looked no different from a successful businessman with his impeccable suit, coat, vest, tie, and tie clip, sat behind his desk with a solemn expression, not saying a word.

In front of him stood the elite members of the Brotherhood: Fox, the Gunsmith, the Mechanic, and others.

And Wesley, the assassin apprentice who hadn't even graduated yet.

The expressions of Fox and the others were just as serious as Sloan's, displaying an air of solemnity.

Only Wesley, who had yet to realize the gravity of the situation, seemed extremely excited.