Ch. 7 The Punisher and The Traveler

They were all killers trying to make a living in New York, so Perkins had seen Diana, and Russell wasn't surprised.

When he first started, he had considered hiding his true identity to avoid unpleasant situations in the future.

But he ultimately gave up on that idea.

There were two reasons for this.

First, at that time, he didn't have the ability to hide his true identity.

Trying to hide one's true identity in front of a group of professional killers was not an easy task.

Second, he didn't intend to be a goody-goody who conformed to public expectations.

Being a good person was a thankless task.

Especially in country like United States.

Due to cultural differences, most people in United States feared power more than they feared righteousness.

The best way to earn their respect was not by being a morally upright person according to public standards but by being someone with a bigger fist.

The people in this country believed in strength!

"Do you have any recent assignments?"

Russell brushed aside Perkins' right hand.

If he was in the mood, he wouldn't mind doing something to make everyone happy with a beauty like Perkins, who looked more like a model than a killer.

But he didn't have such worldly thoughts at the moment.

Diana had fed him a satisfying lunch, and he was content.

"I just came back from Washington," Perkins replied.

"You don't seem to have had a successful mission, judging by your expression."

"I ran into a lunatic and the mission failed. I almost didn't make it back."

Perkins's expression grew more serious.

Failed?

Russell was starting to get curious.

Perkins was not a rookie in the field of assassination.

While other girls were still crushing on handsome upperclassmen in school, she had already entered the assassin profession.

In terms of experience, she was Russell's senior.

Russell had worked with her on assignments before and knew about her capabilities.

A lunatic who had botched her mission and almost killed her was definitely not an ordinary opponent.

"Who did it?"

"It's that guy who calls himself 'The Punisher'!"

Perkins downed the whiskey in her glass in one gulp and said with a grimace, "I hope I don't run into him next time, or I'll make him regret bullying women!"

The Punisher?

Russell paused when he heard that.

He knew who the Punisher was, of course.

But the thing was, there had been no rumors of the Punisher targeting assassins before.

Of course, that was just what he knew.

Perhaps assassins had been dying at the hands of the Punisher for a long time, but not many people knew about it.

"Can you tell me what happened specifically?" Russell politely inquired.