Ch. 16 Settling Debts

Under normal circumstances, Russell was a gentleman who admired and cherished beauty.

But this only applied under normal circumstances.

If someone had become an enemy, sparing them just because they were attractive wouldn't be admiration, but rather a lapse in judgment.

While snapping Fox's neck, black tendrils surged from Russell's left hand, coiling around the bodies of the last two Brotherhood assassins.

Crack!

Two distinct bone-breaking sounds echoed.

Without a moment's hesitation, Russell swiftly ended the lives of these two Brotherhood assassins.

At this point, only two figures stood on the factory floor: him and the Cross.

If one counted those still alive, Wesley, heavily injured and unconscious, would need to be included.

After casually disposing of Fox's body, Russell turned his gaze to the Cross.

Although Cross had sustained injuries during the onslaught, they weren't fatal.

Apart from looking somewhat disheveled, he still retained the majority of his combat prowess.

However, he was acutely aware that even at the peak of his condition, he could never match up to Russell.

Even in his human form, Russell could withstand bullets without harm.

In his Venom form, he could endure not just bullets, but even artillery fire.

Cross put on an air of resignation, surveying the factory floor littered with corpses.

Despite his discreet movements, Russell noticed that Cross's gaze lingered on Wesley for a fraction of a second.

Though Wesley appeared deceased now, true death was still a while away.

As long as he received medical treatment before losing too much blood, it wouldn't be long before Wesley was back on his feet.

Cross's status as the Brotherhood's ace assassin stemmed from his extraordinary skill in Bullet Curving.

Executing a near-death maneuver was a simple feat for him.

Having surveyed the chaotic scene, Cross, in an almost tranquil manner, discarded his handgun and stretched out his arms, speaking in an exceedingly composed tone, "Mr. Russell, my life is yours!"

Russell didn't immediately terminate Cross. Instead, he manipulated the symbiote on his head, revealing half of his face.

"Are you so certain I've killed Sloan?"

"The Mad Traveler repays his debts! Sloan's life shouldn't be enough to make you waver from your principles!"

Cross, with an air of composure, regarded Russell calmly as he responded, "Indeed! The Mad Traveler repays his debts!" Russell replied with a smile.

Just as Cross was about to close his eyes and face death, Russell's voice resonated once more.

"Since you recognize that phrase, you should also understand that I never leave potential enemies alive."

Cross's expression shifted, his previous composure dissolving.

Before he could utter a word, Russell extended his right hand, and the black tendrils shot out like ropes, entwining around Wesley's body.

Wesley, injured and unconscious, was hoisted up like a marionette.

"To secure your son's life, you're willing to harm your own son. You're a decent father in that regard."